Edge soerating from sidewall?

DiMe

Hi I was wondering if any one had any ideas of how to fix this damage on my Rome Artifact. Not sure how it happened but behind my back binding the edge is seperating from the sidewall so there is now a gap inbetween the sidewall in the edge for about a 3 inch distance. I tried JB welding and clamping in between 2 2x4s for a couple days while it dried and that only held for about a week. Anyone have any idea of a good epoxy or glue to fix this issue? I will post pictures later for better visual on the damage. It's a bronze edge thats why its brown btw.

edge1.jpg

edge2.jpg

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

epoxy and clamps

edit: sorry i didnt read. i just use the 5 min epoxy from wal mart it usually holds ok, sometimes it re cracks though. just make sure its dry when you do it

Edited by Oakley21

same thing happened to my skis. i went home forgot about it and water got in there and it got really big which resulted in a 10 inch section of my edge falling out. I would def. epoxy it now and i would let theboard sit a couple days before u do it cuz u dont want to lock moister that may have gotten in there in there.

same thing happened to my skis. i went home forgot about it and water got in there and it got really big which resulted in a 10 inch section of my edge falling out. I would def. epoxy it now and i would let theboard sit a couple days before u do it cuz u dont want to lock moister that may have gotten in there in there.

I epoxyed it again and have it clamped again hopfully it will hold.

Call Rome customer service or go back to the shop you bought it from and have them RTV it. There doesn't seem to be any sign of impact so it is most likely a defect.

I've already had the board for a couple seasons and it's got alot of impact damage in other spots especially since the bronze edges are so soft. As long as the epoxy holds I'll be happy I plan on getting a new butter board next season anyways B) I'm so curious how the new rocker tech is I'd love to try a K2 www w/ rocker.