Petition To Keep Glenn Park Open Until All Snow Melts!

DiMe

I think you guys should end the season the way you started it. Keep the Glenn chairlift running and the parks set up until you can no longer possibly push any snow to keep it open:) It's one thing to stay open a week and 3 days past majority of the other local mountains but if you did this into late April you would be ALLSTAR. You barely need staff to run the lift and park crew & the guys that groom will be working anyways commmmmonnnnn! :wub:

Sign it people!

it takes a lot more to keep a mountain open than you might think....

I spent majority of my working life at a mountain. Many of the positions that would need to be filled they already have people on staff to do so. They use snowmakers and maintainence guys as lift operators late season, lift mechanics work year round, theres year round "ski patrol" equivilent employees and welcome center employees. It takes a couple ski patrol or related EMS people, a person to sell tickets(already will be working), lift operators(already will be working), lift mechanics on call (already would be there), qualified groomers work year round running other machines, a couple park crew kids. Maybe a food service person who would already be staffed with a bbq grill at the lift selling cheap burgers dogs and sodas? The Glenn Chair and park are a distance away from the water park so it wouldnt interfier with prepping camelbitch. What more do you really need to run one lift for a terrain park dude?

If they did it right it would be a success maybe not the first year but if word got out to all the park riders out there that Camelback stays open until the snow is all gone it might pay off in the long run as far as seasons pass sales & extra ticket/food/beer sales income. I mean I'm real happy Camelback is staying open later than most of the PA mountains but one extra week I don't think is really gonna change peoples minds as to where they buy their seasons pass lol, localilty takes the cake still. Whatever mountain you live closer to your more likly to buy a seasons pass at. Although if Camelback stayed open until May and everyone else closed late March that could make people think otherwise an extra 15-20min drive for a month or better more to their season?

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I spent majority of my working life at a mountain. Many of the positions that would need to be filled they already have people on staff to do so. They use snowmakers and maintainence guys as lift operators late season, lift mechanics work year round, theres year round "ski patrol" equivilent employees and welcome center employees. It takes a couple ski patrol or related EMS people, a person to sell tickets(already will be working), lift operators(already will be working), lift mechanics on call (already would be there), qualified groomers work year round running other machines, a couple park crew kids. Maybe a food service person who would already be staffed with a bbq grill at the lift selling cheap burgers dogs and sodas? The Glenn Chair and park are a distance away from the water park so it wouldnt interfier with prepping camelbitch. What more do you really need to run one lift for a terrain park dude?

If they did it right it would be a success maybe not the first year but if word got out to all the park riders out there that Camelback stays open until the snow is all gone it might pay off in the long run as far as seasons pass sales & extra ticket/food/beer sales income. I mean I'm real happy Camelback is staying open later than most of the PA mountains but one extra week I don't think is really gonna change peoples minds as to where they buy their seasons pass lol, localilty takes the cake still. Whatever mountain you live closer to your more likly to buy a seasons pass at. Although if Camelback stayed open until May and everyone else closed late March that could make people think otherwise an extra 15-20min drive for a month or better more to their season?

I'm with ya' on all that but you know as well as I management needs to see people. Those crew members you are assuming are doing nothing are getting the water park ready for the white trash. Even the upper mgt. guys are whining 'cause"we don't get a break anymore". I'd love to see it but it's not smart business and if you've been a pass holder for a while you know that Art and the boys are all about maximizing the buck.Dude they are still charging 15.00 dollars to park. Did you see the upper lot last weekend.....about 30 cars. Way to piss everyone off boys. Besides it's golf/bike/motorcycle/dirt bike season. No one but the hard cores left. See ya' Saturday.

I'm with ya' on all that but you know as well as I management needs to see people. Those crew members you are assuming are doing nothing are getting the water park ready for the white trash. Even the upper mgt. guys are whining 'cause"we don't get a break anymore". I'd love to see it but it's not smart business and if you've been a pass holder for a while you know that Art and the boys are all about maximizing the buck.Dude they are still charging 15.00 dollars to park. Did you see the upper lot last weekend.....about 30 cars. Way to piss everyone off boys. Besides it's golf/bike/motorcycle/dirt bike season. No one but the hard cores left. See ya' Saturday.

Yes I know I know, they also fired their only dedicated carpenter that they worked like a dog and paid pennies as well as their best machine operator who was about 65 yrs old because "they no longer need them". When in reality it's just more cutbacks from the new management and rumor has it to promote a construction/excavation company one of them is in cahoots with they plan to contract. It's sinful what the new managment has been doing to the employees at Camelback I am so glad I no longer work there. On the other hand I must say the new management has been good for the pass holders as far as all the terrain park upgrades and other improvements for guests.

I also highly doubt those crew members are getting the water park ready yet, from my past experience they don't start until somtime in May and get it done very last min. What they will be doing on the other hand is start stripping the hoses off the snow guns, moving ground guns and portable tower guns into storage & taking down fences to prepare for summer but they never rush into it in April. The upper management guys can't be whining that they don't get a break anymore because well most of them havn't been there for more than a year or two yet and are the reason why no one gets a break. Everything is "run with the bare minimum" studying payroll to see who they could cut to save more money and put the work load upon the lower paid year rounders who don't complain or quit. Eventually Camelback will be run almost completely by low paid seasonal workers, full time year round jobs with benefit at Camelback are going out the window. The only people whow ill be full time with benefits are upper management, marketing & a few maintainence guys I highly recommend no one ever try to make a career at this place unless you know Art personally & he'll give you $$ because your his friend or somone he thinks might help save his ass.

I also realise this rant wont help keep Camelback open but it's just aweful what they do to their people & someone has to speak up and let it be known.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

On the other hand these aweful things they do to their employees saves them money to make improvements for paying customers to bring in more money for the place so in a way its's a good thing if you look at it that way but it's still sad to me because I worked with those people for years and feel their pain :(

This thread has gone waaayyyy of topic and its my own fault lol I should have known, it was intended to be nothing but signatures.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

The mechanic has left as well after 12 years. I didn't see anything in favor of the pass holders this year. If anything it's taken a step away from the skier and toward the noob.Now I'm all for promoting the sport but the noobs are not skiing this time of the year the pass holder is. Drop the 15.00 buck parking charge clowns. Let some bumps build and loosen up your collars a bit......the season is over and if no money was made this year pack it in 'cause it's the busiest I've seen this place in years.Then I heard rumors of mountain biking. Nooooooo.....................not another mountain creek. I can't take another mall resembled ski area in such close proximity.Of course that rumor was nixxed.....I'm sure it would have been a slight problem to get the DEP to go along with that. lol

And this is for the bartenders........at 4.25 a draft how much tip did you think you were gonna' get? I didn't set the prices so talk to the guys in charge and change the tude.

Bottom line...the day a high speed touches ground at Elk,I'm gone. There will be just a few others as well. Elk somehow caters to the skiers......what a concept.

Then again Elk's mgt. team has got more brains than that. I think they are real happy having real skiers enjoy their real mountain.

The mechanic has left as well after 12 years. I didn't see anything in favor of the pass holders this year. If anything it's taken a step away from the skier and toward the noob.Now I'm all for promoting the sport but the noobs are not skiing this time of the year the pass holder is. Drop the 15.00 buck parking charge clowns. Let some bumps build and loosen up your collars a bit......the season is over and if no money was made this year pack it in 'cause it's the busiest I've seen this place in years.Then I heard rumors of mountain biking. Nooooooo.....................not another mountain creek. I can't take another mall resembled ski area in such close proximity.Of course that rumor was nixxed.....I'm sure it would have been a slight problem to get the DEP to go along with that. lol

And this is for the bartenders........at 4.25 a draft how much tip did you think you were gonna' get? I didn't set the prices so talk to the guys in charge and change the tude.

Bottom line...the day a high speed touches ground at Elk,I'm gone. There will be just a few others as well. Elk somehow caters to the skiers......what a concept.

Then again Elk's mgt. team has got more brains than that. I think they are real happy having real skiers enjoy their real mountain.

Yeah I heard the same mountain biking rumor, I think if the hotel ever does really go in that might be the end of Camelback as we've grown to love it. With the weekends being as crowded as it is adding a hotel for people to stay at as well is going to make it even crazier without any additional terrain/lifts. I pray that the hotel dosn't make the weekdays crowded. As far as skier/rider improvements I think they did an amazing job this year as far as the terrain park side of things go grooming maintaining and the new features they purchased from planet snow. The preferred parking is BS and your right about the beer prices it's nuts I always just bring my own :)

AtomicSkier & Staff: If you want please feel free to clean up this thread of my conversation with poconovfr and turn it back into a real petition with just signatures. We'll take it to pms or a new thread from here :thumb

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE