SnoCove?

trackbiker

I haven't seen or heard anything, but I listen to sirius and I think our local news if full of a bunch of retards so I avoid watching it.

hey, there's a bar like 10ft away from the lazy river, it looks like it would be a great place to chill, but it was super depressing just walking around seeing all those bummed out lifeguards, and absolutely no patrons around the water area, I was a lifeguard for a summer at the hideout btw, thats why I feel for em'

It's not even half ass... What I see here is a lack of planning and a lack of implementation on their business plan... We are in the process of construction at my company, and we added several months to our construction times in order to accommodate any unforeseen problems (ie the lazy river collapsing) due to weather or logistics... There is a huge difference between promising a delivery date to your clients, and an opening date for your customers... Sno Cove should have outlined a plan, added a contingency period, and advertised... I have also not seen any advertisements as far North as Bethlehem, and there are plenty of bulletins boards on the major highways down there... Advertisement should have been a large line item in their business plan... They may have used some of these funds to pay for their bills, but they should have factored in a percentage above and beyond what they though they would pay since we all know construction never comes in at the cost estimate... Its an unfortunate circumstance, and I hope they can get it turned around, but they are facing an uphill battle trying to renovate and grow two different businesses basically from the ground up...

Nice pics Dave, Sno should take notes from apple, keep your shit super quiet until you have all yourshit together, they should have kept quiet and projected an opening date for 2010, they would have looked like hearos if they opened late 2009, now they look like freeken idiots, you sell season passes to a water park that's not even finished yet? Haha Sno cove=windows vista...

Everyone in my family agree, if they don't get there Sno shit together, like the shit website and faulty lights were gettng passes somewhere else. Haha hmm $550 times 5 people, that's like $2750 they'll loose.

I have my doubts they'll even be able to open this winter, Dave do u think they'll even let you buy a pass after last season?

Edited by JLSkiSteezed

honestly, I was planning on buying a pass to boulder, maybe a pass to sno too, maybe just a night pass because I really enjoy NF.

I'm really worried about this weird weather for the summer, I have a feeling its gonna be a shitty winter, a summer with out summer could be a winter with out winter, boulder's not that much farther away for me. As for if Sno would even sell me a pass? Thats crossed my mind actually.

As for the lights, sno should just give up on there park if they cant even light it up (or keep there features maintained) at least until they're business model improves. thats right, I said it, and fuck you too...

hey, well this weekend looks shitty but maybe we could have like a pasr day up there before the summer ends, the bar looks decent, lazy river right there, zip line, it would be nice to support them.

JL, you'll buy the passes any way shut up ha ha, I like your connection of sno cove=windows vista, the website blows but... its just a website get over it, its obvious they're hurting up there.

I just have this feeling that whoever is calling the shots up there was vetted by the Obama administration...

Just stop making promises you cant keep.

times 2!!!! I can't believe they haven't been advertising in the Lehigh Valley and Philly...they say if you build it they will come but not if nobody knows about it. Camelbeach looks a heck of alot better..I get the impression that Sno does things hald-ass'd..look at their website..,

A bunch of lawyers with a lot of money bought a business that they had absolutely no experience in. They were evidently good in the court room but had no knowledge of mechanical devices, construction, or running an entertainment/amusement business. You see it all the time where people who never even worked in one, buy a restaurant because they think it would be "fun", then promptly run it straight into the ground. Sometimes the cheapest thing you can do is hire an expensive, experienced, professional manager, who knows the business.

The investors may have had deep pockets, but when the market tanked and 30% to 40% of their net worth disappeared, I bet their interest/ability to dig a little deeper in those pockets disappeared as well. One of the biggest law firms in Philly went bust a few months ago, so lawyers aren't doing so well in this economy either.

I bet the first thing the next owners do is put in a new lighting system for night skiing and market the hell out of the best snow making system in PA because they'll focus on getting their core business 100% before they dabble in other things.

Honestly, I believe that companies should stick to their core business before expanding into others. It has proven successful for many fortune 500 companies if not all of them. I understand the desire for things to look good on paper, but all this money could have been spent improving the ski area, which is what we all really want to see...

• 3 weeks later...