Shawnee to stay open until the 27th - at least!

RidgeRacer

• 2 weeks later...

I rag on Shawnee a lot, but they have some decent runs. Coming down skier's right (the left side of the mountain) has a run with okay pitch toward the bottom. And Lower Tecumseh (sp?) is a bump run that is kind of short and steep, right before you hit the lift. Shawnee kind of skis like Big Boulder. It's a WASTE of time when they only open the Pennsylvania trail during early season and it has 1000 people on it. But spring skiing at Shawnee doesn't suck.

I rag on Shawnee a lot, but they have some decent runs. Coming down skier's right (the left side of the mountain) has a run with okay pitch toward the bottom. And Lower Tecumseh (sp?) is a bump run that is kind of short and steep, right before you hit the lift. Shawnee kind of skis like Big Boulder. It's a WASTE of time when they only open the Pennsylvania trail during early season and it has 1000 people on it. But spring skiing at Shawnee doesn't suck.

I feel like u just dissed Boulder so badly, but i hate to admit it but i agree with you

jack frost is also small, especially their vertical drop

Frost skis "bigger" than boulder by a lot. The blacks all the way on the right side are a lot of fun. There were muliple headwalls to get some air off of, thats more than I can say about any black at CB :o, or blue for that matter.

JFBB REPESENT!!! idk i like boulder and frost. They have the best deals, best parks, and best crews. The people are friendly(most the time). I know everyone around there. Its just better than any mountain around here. So what they might not be the biggest or steepest around. They the best in every other department.

(just for the record, i have never been to shawnee so dont yell at me for that comment)

Edited by Gurp

JFBB REPESENT!!! idk i like boulder and frost. They have the best deals, best parks, and best crews. The people are friendly(most the time). I know everyone around there. Its just better than any mountain around here. So what they might not be the biggest or steepest around. They the best in every other department.

(just for the record, i have never been to shawnee so dont yell at me for that comment)

Dude, if your putting the actual real estate aside

So what they might not be the biggest or steepest around.

I say best mountain HAS to go to bear. They have an insane park, that is still in good condition. They are still open. NASTAR midweek. Super friendly employees. I actually noticed they were nice, haven't seen that anywhere else. The people at CB are nice to me, but they also see me everyday. They didn't treat me as nice when they didn't know me. No one at jf/bb made me feel special. Plus, the lodge was amazing. I was quite amazed at how much bear does with so little.

amazed at how much bear does with so little.

Still tough to get around that "so little" part. The lack of needed vertical to have a good terrain park really levels the playing field. That's why MC can compete with Stratton, or any other place in VT.

But skiing 40 or 50 days on a season pass at BC would be torture. The females employees would have to do a lot more than smile and say hello.

Still tough to get around that "so little" part. The lack of needed vertical to have a good terrain park really levels the playing field. That's why MC can compete with Stratton, or any other place in VT.

But skiing 40 or 50 days on a season pass at BC would be torture. The females employees would have to do a lot more than smile and say hello.

No doubt, but then again, I don't know that I could do 40 to 50 days at boulder either. The argument was, put aside vert and pitch, and look at what they've done with the place. I would have to say, bear does more with even less.

No doubt, but then again, I don't know that I could do 40 to 50 days at boulder either. The argument was, put aside vert and pitch, and look at what they've done with the place. I would have to say, bear does more with even less.

No, def. not 40 days at BB, either. My input was just that I can't put aside vert and pitch and buy a season pass, yet BC can still get hordes of skiers/riders into the terrain park. I never understood why CB has yet to set aside a small portion of their obscene profits and invested in a gnarly terrain park.

MC is an example of a small ski area sometimes loses control in it's parks. People getting punched for dropping in out of turn? Not really a big deal, but it created a rep. BC, on the other hand, seems to do pretty well at keeping a family atmosphere and yet throwing money at the park. Hidden Valley, NJ, does that, too. The CB board of Directors is so conservative that they need to see it working at other areas first, before they risk their family dollars. One quick majority vote at a board meeting and CB would have everything MC has by December. They are just too scared of blowing their easy $100,000 annual paycheck.

No, def. not 40 days at BB, either. My input was just that I can't put aside vert and pitch and buy a season pass, yet BC can still get hordes of skiers/riders into the terrain park. I never understood why CB has yet to set aside a small portion of their obscene profits and invested in a gnarly terrain park.

MC is an example of a small ski area sometimes loses control in it's parks. People getting punched for dropping in out of turn? Not really a big deal, but it created a rep. BC, on the other hand, seems to do pretty well at keeping a family atmosphere and yet throwing money at the park. Hidden Valley, NJ, does that, too. The CB board of Directors is so conservative that they need to see it working at other areas first, before they risk their family dollars. One quick majority vote at a board meeting and CB would have everything MC has by December. They are just too scared of blowing their easy $100,000 annual paycheck.

The same reason they don't have any bump runs or tree runs. Though I think a really nice park would bring in far more than they would ever lose in law suits. Espeacially since injuries are really a matter of negligence of the user when there are big signs everywhere saying how dangerous everything is.

obviously none, i dont honestly think i could get a pass at bb or bc. because when i went up i was really having fun with everything and i was there since 9 and then 4 rolled around and i was like well lets do trail riding if i have been riding park all day. but there is nothing to ride on.