SNO Website

racer139

article on that wilkesbarre newspaper website said the place was closing down. just saw it today. i thought something would be posted already about how they went bankrupt and closed down 55million in debt.

www.citizensvoice.com/sno-mountain-close/page_2_st#5563

;)

I can't seem to find this. Can you please cut and paste?

Dude, that link was clutch. It kept on not working (duh), and I spent a good 15 minutes looking on the Citizen's Voice. I almost was going to pull the bankruptcy filing, but I was running late for a meeting so I didn't have time. This was a good joke.

In other news, I am glad Sno is still open!

wow it actually got worse... I truly didn't think that it could. Sno! If you guys are listening, for the sake of your business, hire a real web designer. There are plenty of very skilled ones looking for work. and while i'm here i might as well point out some things you could fix...

before i start, i am not trying to bash sno. ive been skiing montage/sno for quite a while now and really have no intention of going anywhere else. this is just a few of the key (in my opinion) points that make the website less than great.

- there are 3 menu bars...in 3 different locations, that say 3 different things. pick one!

- why does the sno mountain banner on the homepage link to wnep?

- The font on the left menu bar looks ridiculous. it's ok on your logo but pick something clean and simple for something that important

- make all the pages look the same. having the homepage look different from the sub-pages just looks bad and is confusing

- provide useful content on the home page. how much are the season passes currently selling for? When does that rate expire? how can i purchase one?

- conditions page: when was it last updated? (obviously it's not ski season but when it is...)post the last updated date.

- and while we are on the conditions page, those pictures from fast track are now really old! perhaps they would be better off under the photo gallery

- overall, simplify things. look at Elk's page for example. personally i feel that it could be better but it is very easy to find what I want. All the important things are right there for me to see in a simple category form. i find it embarrassing that elk has a better site than sno!

there are some really awesome tools such as drupal that would allow for someone to create a really awesome sno mtn theme and then be able to very quickly and easily edit the content. and the software is FREE!

I think that's all I have to say for now!

-g15

WOW Good one! I believed it until I read down more...

I wonder how the people at sno feel about that.

I really am scared they'll go bankrupt now...

They wont listen about the website, i'm willing to bet one of the owners kids are in charge of the website or something and they're refusing to give it up.

either that or someone does not believe in the internet, It'll never catch on...

Those were very good points on the website, but i'm sure your wasting your time.

Seriously, if a retarded 8 year old kid could make a website, www.snomtn.com would be his work...

i'm willing to bet one of the owners kids are in charge of the website or something and they're refusing to give it up.

I second this.

There have been a few things Sno's done that some people don't like or agree with, but for the most part they've done so many things really right for the mountain. I can't believe that they'd improve the snow making, the lodge, the rental shops, the terrain, etc etc etc while totally ignoring the glaring problem with the site.

So if that's the case peeps.. I say just close your eyes to the site. Don't ski Sno for their professional site (of lack thereof)... just hope that all the improvements to the other areas are enough to make you forget about snomtn.com

I agree that they've made a lot of positive improvements. But what's the first thing people do when thinking about checking out a new area????? That's right. They check out the website! It's your most important piece of advertising in today's world. If you have a Mickey Mouse website that isn't updated regularly what do you think people's impression of your ski area is going to be?

I thought the same thing, that the owner's son or nephew must be doing the web design. It would be much more cost effective for Sno to pay him double to stay home and then hire a professional web designer who knows what they're doing and what works.