Killington

Timeless

Just got back from a fantastic weekend at Killington, great weather, great conditions, hardly any crowds (no queues for lift all day, both days). :D:D:D:D

Anyway, I didn't post this just to tell you that, the thing that really struck me was how F'in amazing the stuff they've put over on Bear mtn is. Please remember that I am NOT good enough to judge the park properly, but I have seen the local parks, and I did manage to successfully ride my first rail this weekend.

The terrain park on Bear Claw just looked frightening, with massive features, all on a very steep blue/black run, there was hardly anyone in the park and no newb's (except me and my friends (they're all skiers)).

Then there was the slopestyle course on Grizzly (I think), 'kin huge jumps,some with other "features" and anyone who's ski'd bear at Killy will no it has some real pitch.

Then there were the now officially designated tree skiing areas, both at bear and on some other peaks, my first time, much fun, very bad for my board <_< no lasting damage though so all's good.

Finally there was the most perfect looking (super) pipe I have ever seen, in full view of the deck of the lodge (you can decide if that's a good thing or not :) )

They also have other park areas on some of the other peaks, but they have really made Bear a feature area this year.

So all I really wanted to say was, if you like the parks, get up there before the season ends, It'll blow you away (and it may even kill you).

:rock

Don't rely on any amount of trails / parks being open past the end of April, the only way they can claim to be open is to pile as much snow as they can on a trail that gets the least direct sunlight (Superstar) and just keep re-grooming (as infrequently as they can) until the grass comes through.

Those of you that want to hit the park / pipe, should remember that Bear Mtn is a suntrap and will close first.

Everyone who can, should get up there in the next 4 weeks to close their season. Those claiming financial hardship, do whatever it takes to get there, you'll have the next 7 months to pay it off.

Go on. you know you want to...... :devil: