Is any of this Delaware rain snow in the Poconos?

ole2planker

It's crazy up here. We had to use a fire road entrance to get into our community because all the roads are closed because of crashes. I had to 4-wheel across a field at one point. We just have eight inches, but it's like nobody believed it was coming.

I hiked for six runs at our ski hill, but have to figure out a lighting system when it's overcast---like a headlamp, I guess.

Not much chance my soccer game isn't cancelled tomorrow at East Stroudsburg. Lots of hiking tomorrow, although Elk is getting tons of snow.

have to figure out a lighting system when it's overcast---like a headlamp, I guess..

My brother uses a biking headlamp on the slopes. It has an attachment that is meant to clip into a bike helmet but it works for his winter helmet as well. It runs off a battery pack he stuff in his book bag, and its re-chargable. It's much brighter than any type of hiking headlamp you will find.

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that. Skimom uses one for horseback riding. I just never thought I'd be night ski poaching. Why hasn't anyone used a driver and done laps at CB? And with headlamps and a car ride to the top, CB would be a great place to trespass for grass skiing. Meadows would probably be a great slope and easy escape access.