What's with the "Open to Close" only tickets?

JollyJake99

This year (again?) C'back is only offering "Open-to-Close" tickets during the daylight hours. Did it get too complicated for the computers to sell "Morning", "Afternoon" or "Day" tickets, or does the modern class of snow sport consumers have trouble understanding the subtle differences between various portions of the day? Is there some marketing concept that I'm missing here? I'd also like to hear from some patrollers/rangers their thoughts on if the "Open-to-Close" tickets increase accidents: "Damn, I paid for 18 hours of skiing & I'm staying out no matter how exhausted & dangerous I am!".

This year (again?) C'back is only offering "Open-to-Close" tickets during the daylight hours. Did it get too complicated for the computers to sell "Morning", "Afternoon" or "Day" tickets, or does the modern class of snow sport consumers have trouble understanding the subtle differences between various portions of the day? Is there some marketing concept that I'm missing here? I'd also like to hear from some patrollers/rangers their thoughts on if the "Open-to-Close" tickets increase accidents: "Damn, I paid for 18 hours of skiing & I'm staying out no matter how exhausted & dangerous I am!".

The new management only cares about $$$$$. Just look at all the new ways to extract $$$ from us. Pay for parking, no cameltop,just to name a few.

The new management only cares about $$$$$. Just look at all the new ways to extract $$$ from us. Pay for parking, no cameltop,just to name a few.

This is true but at least they spent some of the extra money on improveing stuff for us like the parks.

Maybe it reflects the fact that many people were in fact arriving late and buying that half day ticket. I remember that 11 AM using to be sort of peak time, and then again at 2 PM. I'm thinking if everyone was finding themselves finally out of the rental line at 11 AM it was worth waiting one hour to get the lower lift ticket price. Making it an all day price takes that incentive away. Now you have to get there earlier to "get your money's worth".

Maybe it reflects the fact that many people were in fact arriving late and buying that half day ticket. I remember that 11 AM using to be sort of peak time, and then again at 2 PM. I'm thinking if everyone was finding themselves finally out of the rental line at 11 AM it was worth waiting one hour to get the lower lift ticket price. Making it an all day price takes that incentive away. Now you have to get there earlier to "get your money's worth".

True story

you really have to pay for parking?

Yeah we do have one preferred lot that is closest to the resort for people who would rather just pay than walk. Keep in mind though that our closest free lot is still closer to the snow than most other resorts. And, if you park in the Sunbowl you are pretty much parking on the snow.

whoever decided to charge for parking at camelback is an idiot. i will boycott camelback until they get rid of it or they publicly fire whosever "brilliant" idea that was.

it wasnt enough for the mgmt to get rid of day passes but now they feel the need to rape the customer with higher ticket rates and charging for parking in this economy. they havent even opened up a new trail or made any lift improvements in years. it's just more money into mgmt pockets.

There seems to be some confusion with our preferred lot. We have 1 preferred lot closest to the resort, for customers who enjoy the convenience of being able to secure a great spot. The rest of our lots a Camelback are free of charge. Just wanted to reiterate that in case people thought that you have to pay for parking at Camelback no matter what lot you are in.