The last day

Well, the day finally came; the one most of us dread...the final day of the season. The last hour of the season seemed almost haunting at times. :unsure: The east side of the mountain thinned out quickly. While going up the lift, there seemed to be an eerie quiet. People had that look in their eyes that you could read without asking...they knew that this was the end of the season and tomorrow's run would be nine months away. Reality set in as you watched the ski patrol take down the safety lines and markers and put up the closed signs. Die hard skiers and snowboarders are a different kind of people. We go through our seasonal depression as others are coming out of it. Now the anticipation of next season starts and my quest for new equipment begins. :)

Edited by bigdaddyk

Ditto...

I feel like I am betraying my love for winter, because I already have my bike up at school and I think my first ride will be on tuesday, but then again, maybe this is just to make me forget about not being at the mountain.

Ditto...

I feel like I am betraying my love for winter, because I already have my bike up at school and I think my first ride will be on tuesday, but then again, maybe this is just to make me forget about not being at the mountain.

Yeah, you got to move onto other activities. It's just more exciting when you first move into the winter season and know that the mountains will be opening.

Well, the day finally came;  the one most of us dread...the final day of the season.  The last hour of the season seemed almost haunting at times.  :unsure:  The east side of the mountain thinned out quickly.  While going up the lift, there seemed to be an eerie quiet.  People had that look in their eyes that you could read without asking...they knew that this was the end of the season and tomorrow's run would be nine months away.  Reality set in as you watched the ski patrol take down the safety lines and markers and put up  the closed signs.  Die hard skiers and snowboarders are a different kind of people.  We go through our seasonal depression as others are coming out of it.  Now the anticipation of next season starts and my quest for new equipment begins.  :)

thats so depressing. most peoples bipolar syndrum gets worse in the winter. Is it weird that im always happy on a board. And depressed in the summer. then depressed yet happy when school starts again? 'cuse i know its almost time. :rolleyes: