Blue 12-28-2009

RootDKJ

Date Skied: 12/28/2009

Resort or Ski Area: Blue Mountain Ski Area

Conditions: Frozen Groomed, very windy

Trip Report: Had a great day at Blue today. Left the house and it was 38 degrees. 32 when I got to the Valley parking lot. Conditions were very firm and very fast today. Lazy was really smooth, but the Falls runout was like cement cord. Challenge was pretty good. Nightmare into Dreamweaver was a lot of fun. Met up with Kragan. He's a damn good skier. I got to really push my Jet Fuels today to limits I'm not normally comfortable with. Felt awesome! We did one run down Paradise, which was really consistent, got passed by some dude, who was being followed by the Ski Patrol...but they didn't stop him. Damn...could we have been going faster???

Upper Main Street was fantastic. Very smooth and easy to lay an edge into and arc it. The bottom started to get to be a little choppy after Midway around 11:00. Winds were shooting right up Tut's lane today. I also took a run down Central Park, that's a nice alternative to cutting through the park after Main Street.

Ski Team was teaching skier irresponsibility on Dreamweaver by setting up their own human salom in the middle of the trail...creating chaos for all the people skiing in their Carhartt's. Brilliant. Oh yeah...the Quad has a VIP line! Wahoo!

I bugged out a little before noon as Lazy was in full Crazy mode. Here's today's pics:

Riding up the Quad

IMG_0252.jpg

Home Stretch

IMG_0253.jpg

Razor's getting some good base work

IMG_0256.jpg

Lift Line at 9:30AM

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Nightmare (new tail this year)

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

• Like 2

How do you like Nightmare? What is it comparable to? I think we're about a week away from our first trip up due to a lovely cold we brought back from vacation so I haven't had a chance to see or ski it yet. Thanks in advance.

Loved it. I really don't think it's much steeper then Upper Main Street.

Loved it. I really don't think it's much steeper then Upper Main Street.

That's what I thought.

Nice report..what happened to the crazy Holiday crowds the week between XMas and new years??

They're all on uneployment and can't afford to ski this year. Ugh.

Edited by sexkitten