1/4/2010

AtomicSkier

Got on the snow around 3pm today. When I pulled in the lot, they were blowing on Challenge, Central Park, and Lower Park. The snow they were blowing on Challenge was so light, mostly air coming out of the guns. The snow wasn't even sticking on my goggles when I was skiing down Razors, so it's not going to be that sticky, wet, death cookie producing snow that they usually blow. Razors was pretty freakin good. They blew a few inches overnight it looked like, cause everything was covered in nice, loose, soft snow. I was on my fat boys today, so they plow right through everything. Nightmare and Dreamweaver had similar conditions, with no skeet spots / slick spots to be found. I lapped Razors and Dreamweaver for awhile, and then headed over to Main Street for a run. The top and middle sections probably had the best snow, but because lower park was closed, it sucked getting back to the 6pack, so I only hit that once. Sidewinder park had so much freakin snow on it, it's insane. They have already started forming the jumps, and it looks as if it'll be opening in a few days. Temperatures weren't bad, and it wasn't nearly as windy as I expected. Overall, awesome day at Blue Mountain.

JADIP

Got on the snow around 3pm today. When I pulled in the lot, they were blowing on Challenge, Central Park, and Lower Park. The snow they were blowing on Challenge was so light, mostly air coming out of the guns. The snow wasn't even sticking on my goggles when I was skiing down Razors, so it's not going to be that sticky, wet, death cookie producing snow that they usually blow. Razors was pretty freakin good. They blew a few inches overnight it looked like, cause everything was covered in nice, loose, soft snow. I was on my fat boys today, so they plow right through everything. Nightmare and Dreamweaver had similar conditions, with no skeet spots / slick spots to be found. I lapped Razors and Dreamweaver for awhile, and then headed over to Main Street for a run. The top and middle sections probably had the best snow, but because lower park was closed, it sucked getting back to the 6pack, so I only hit that once. Sidewinder park had so much freakin snow on it, it's insane. They have already started forming the jumps, and it looks as if it'll be opening in a few days. Temperatures weren't bad, and it wasn't nearly as windy as I expected. Overall, awesome day at Blue Mountain.

JADIP

Todays the 4th

Conditions were awesome this morning! My dull edges actually were cutting through the snow today....

Yeah what happened? They must have pulled something out of their asses because grooming has been substantially better over the last week than the "normal" grooming they produce.

yeah, winter decided to grace us with it's presence this year. it's pretty hard to crappy snow when its in the low teens at night. dry snow = fewer cookies.