Bolton Valley 1/7

RootDKJ

Date(s) Skied: Jan 7 2010

Resort or Ski Area: Bolton Valley

Conditions: 2"-3" fresh. Groomed & cold.

Trip Report: My first time at Bolton Valley, scored a $22 ticket off Liftopia. I can see why people love this place. No-frills lodge and a great mountain. The main quad needs to be upgraded to a high-speed lift though. Great views all over BV and I love how you can see the lake from some trails. It was pretty cold (I even used hand warmers) so I just took my time and took a few pit stops in the lodge. It seemed like the whole place is above the frost line, very cool. Oh yeah...off loading at the mid-station = way cool.

I stuck around to try some VT night skiing. I think this is more fun (or less cold) in PA, maybe because all the mountain is available (variety). I had a blast however. Some of the local jibhonks clued me into the mid-day grooming on Shermans, so we got some 3pm 1st tracks. Snow was so buttery soft and I just let them rip with out fear of any red-coats. On my next trip to Northern VT, I'll be sure to pick a day and get back here.

Anyway, enjoy the pics.

The lodge

IMG_0008.jpg

1st ride up

IMG_0013.jpg

1st run down

IMG_0020.jpg

Snowmaking

IMG_0024.jpg

It looks like a groomer made some unanticipated contact with some electrical lines, so the top part of Sherman's was closed all day.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Here you can see the lake

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Mid-day groomer

IMG_0072.jpg