College race days

Cheers

College races don't really generate that much extra traffic on the mountain, besides the trail that they're on. I've raced at Elk before, and forget what trail they race on, but we certainly never ventured to the other lifts. I'd say you'll be fine.

Thanks for your advice. I'll give it a go.

The races are on Slalom and that is the only trail affected. The usual weekend crowds are there, no big change in lift lines etc. Most of the one or two times a year skiers are out on MLK and PD weekend. LOL this Sat, as we were quitting for the day, 10:45AM, there were peeps just coming in with rental skis and that exasperated look on their faces of "look at those lines". Ya gotta get there early, to beat the crowds.

PS--The West Chair broke down on Sat afternoon and the lines got real bad on the two doubles in front of lodge.

The races are on Slalom and that is the only trail affected. The usual weekend crowds are there, no big change in lift lines etc. Most of the one or two times a year skiers are out on MLK and PD weekend. LOL this Sat, as we were quitting for the day, 10:45AM, there were peeps just coming in with rental skis and that exasperated look on their faces of "look at those lines". Ya gotta get there early, to beat the crowds.

PS--The West Chair broke down on Sat afternoon and the lines got real bad on the two doubles in front of lodge.

Called up there last nite around 10 and they were getting light rain at Chet's. Did any of that precip turn to snow?? Gonna be there Tues-Friday this week, rummy, we'll be campin out in the mid station lodge, bringin my dad up as well, he's been working out for the past 2 weeks for his season debut! 74 year old ski stoke is priceless. I can't wait to see what kinda "layers" he's gonna wear. ROFLMAO!!!

I'm guessing sweat sox and all cotton sweat shirts and thermals! Gonna let him wear my old helmet.

Did any of that precip turn to snow??

Checked out the weather report on the Elk website a couple times yesterday afternoon and evening,and they were saying Snow/mix. Checked out Union Dale total precip the last 24 hours, and the total was .47", so no big deal with the base they have.

Gonna be there Tues-Friday this week, rummy, we'll be campin out in the mid station lodge, bringin my dad up as well, he's been working out for the past 2 weeks for his season debut! 74 year old ski stoke is priceless. I can't wait to see what kinda "layers" he's gonna wear. ROFLMAO!!!

I'm guessing sweat sox and all cotton sweat shirts and thermals! Gonna let him wear my old helmet.

Checked out the weather report on the Elk website a couple times yesterday afternoon and evening,and they were saying Snow/mix. Checked out Union Dale total precip the last 24 hours, and the total was .47", so no big deal with the base they have

Sounds like fun and your Dad will like the "half-way house" environment.

I met Capt Dave the other weekend, now it's time to meet you! I'll be up Wed and a couple of friends are going to be hanging at the HW house, so I'll try to find you. If I miss you, you can always find me at the bar in the afternoon. We have reserved seats. Just ask for Stu and Herm.

Edited by rummy

Checked out the weather report on the Elk website a couple times yesterday afternoon and evening,and they were saying Snow/mix. Checked out Union Dale total precip the last 24 hours, and the total was .47", so no big deal with the base they have

Sounds like fun and your Dad will like the "half-way house" environment.

I met Capt Dave the other weekend, now it's time to meet you! I'll be up Wed and a couple of friends are going to be hanging at the HW house, so I'll try to find you. If I miss you, you can always find me at the bar in the afternoon. We have reserved seats. Just ask for Stu and Herm.

We'll be cookin on the pit, steaks, homemade beef stew and soup, sandwiches and beer.......not all in one day. :)

I'll be interested to know what effect the rain on Sun had on the snow?

Someone told me the snow was very nice on Saturday, even with the crowds.

Yes the snow was perfect on Sat. I'm sure Moe will update conditions on Tues after he gets there with his Dad.

I'd expect the snow to be "semi-frozen cord" (another term) first thing in the AM, softening up by mid-morning warm up and skier use. And finishing the day as almost perfect "soft butter". HA