Baller Style' Lake Tahoe Threadtacular...

phillycore

The fact that this thread has less views than a thread about broken lockers makes me think I wasted my time even making it.

Not going to bother getting the videos up now... (We have 50GB of footage to go through anyway)

I'll take some pics of the functioning JFBB lockers next trip up there instead..

• Like 1

No one cares about lockers, most people like looking at trip reports and pictures especially from less common places. I will keep posting TR's from tahoe this year, I know they are not relevant to 98% of the viewers but I hope it encourages more people to branch out a little.

Post more pic's, I cant use FB from work.... it's verboten (not sure if this spelling is correct)

Do you think that might reflect on your "popularity" on here Doug? Why are people fascinated by train wrecks and natural disasters?

PC, it does need more pictures.....not many other people here are likely to take the risk on Tahoe over UT/CO despite the el nino year favoring our resorts (I was riding on a 139" base last weekend and the CA reorts are close to 300" for the year already), so the main appeal of the TR's is just to see something different.

If I honestly cared about views, I could just click on my own thread a zillion times like Doug does....lol

The internet connection at the resort sucked which meant I wasn't wasting too much time trying to make things happen that weren't going to.

Literally we have over 50GB of gopro hd video footage... There wasn't a run the whole week where the camera wasn't running.

I don't edit video and I'm not sorting through it either as I get seasick watching it for more than a minute anyway.

Currently, I'm transferring the footage that is on my cpu onto my friends external so he can make sense of it.

Whenever he's done with it I'll probably post something up... who knows when that'll be.

With that said..

Tahoe is a special place and it is the home to some great skiing.

I'm glad I had the chance to get out there.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Free family trip only three days of skiing..bro in laws dads friend has a house and since my sister has a kid now she wants everybody together. I think I'm gonna meet up with philpug. I'm staying at Northstar but renting a car and planning on Squaw valley all three days or maybe Alpine meadows one day. I'd only do Northstar if roads are unpassable

If the roads are sketchy because it's still snowing, stay at Northstar, head over to the back of the summit and ride in the trees, better visibility, better conditions, more sheltered. Northstar actually has some of the best tree runs in Tahoe and Squaw can be a complete waste of time during a storm, the weather comes over the ridge so fast and it most often a complete white-out on any terrain worth skiing.