Elk TR 2/25

jeff

Well got up to Elk at about 11 a.m. There was about 5 or 6 inches on the ground already and conditions were great. Skied the diamonds over on the day side of the mountain all day. By about 3:00 p.m. there was about 9 inches on the ground and everything was excellent. Most of my day was spent in the woods over on the day side of the mountain. Hardly saw a ski patroller all day and hit so many fresh lines. Hit some sweet woods between Tioga and Tunkhanock from about 3-4 then hit some more woods between Iroquois and Delaware for out last run. Found some nice little cliffs and drops and over all had a really sick day. About 10 inches were on the ground already when I left at about 4 30 and they are calling for up to 18-20 inches total after tonight. Elk should be pristine tomorrow morning and I plan to be up there bright and early to get it while its fresh.

Sorry no action shots or tree/cliff shots, but I did snap a few boring trail pics. I was there from 9 to 3. These were taken early on. Just amazing to roll up to these runs

and be in such super shape with no one on them. It was an excellent day. I am so tired now.

(song of the day ... The Doors "Riders Of The Storm")

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0514-1.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Elk's website this morning says "Open: 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM, tentatively. Please check for updates!"

Sounds like there's a possibility they may not open. That happens occasionaly with them, when the local employees cannot even get into work.

Was at the mountain today, decided to blow off work and come up yesterday afternoon, got to the area around 7, snow already everywhere. Now onto the skiing: the mountain opened today at 10 with only a few trails groomed, and everything else with between a foot and almost two and a half feet of snow depending on when it was groomed yesterday. Let's just say it was epic. Like knee to waist deep epic for the first few runs. I have some pics ill try and post up later, hope some other people can chime in on today's awesomeness.