Free Rentals!

johnnypowder

Hey all -

For the 2nd year in a row Buckman's is offering FREE Rentals!

The weeks of

March 8th - 11th

and

March 15th - 18th.

Starting 10am on Monday of each of those weeks you can pick up FREE rentals at any Buckman's location. Skis, Snowboards, X-C, Snowblades, or Snowshoes! As long as you return the Rentals by the close of business on Thursday (9pm) they are FREE!

This is a great way to get someone on the slopes who hasn't ever tried a winter sport or maybe hasn't been out in a while.

-John

This reminds me how small do your season rentals get ?

My daughter will be two next year and it would be way easier than buying her stuff. Though that would kill my plan of just sawing 70 or so cm of the front of some gnar skis......

IMO 2 is too young...You won't be able to find her boots that are small enough. There are plenty of good deals on new skis that are 70cm. That's what my 3 year old started on. I had a 4 and 2 year old this season, and I never would have put the little one on skis. Next year we will be in the Pocs on her third Bday and she will hit the snow for the first time. Look in to the applerise ski system it's a must for little kids. If you need any advice, when your daughter is ready, pm me and I'll give you my number.

At Buckman's our rental fleet starts at 70cm. Kids boots go down to a 14.0 which generally is small enough to get a 2-3yr old started. Both my boys started at 2 1/2+/- using our rentals.

My rule was that as long as they were having fun we kept going. As soon as they showed signs of getting cranky I scooped them up and got them off the hill. I always wanted skiing to be a positive experience so they would continue to want to do it. Seems to have worked so far. The boys are 13 and 9 and both love it. Both actually snowboard now, although the oldest does both. But the only time they jump out of bed early is when we are going skiing.

Make it fun and it will last a lifetime!

-John

At Buckman's our rental fleet starts at 70cm. Kids boots go down to a 14.0 which generally is small enough to get a 2-3yr old started. Both my boys started at 2 1/2+/- using our rentals.

My rule was that as long as they were having fun we kept going. As soon as they showed signs of getting cranky I scooped them up and got them off the hill. I always wanted skiing to be a positive experience so they would continue to want to do it. Seems to have worked so far. The boys are 13 and 9 and both love it. Both actually snowboard now, although the oldest does both. But the only time they jump out of bed early is when we are going skiing.

Make it fun and it will last a lifetime!

-John

Thanks for the info, I'll see you in November next year.

Two is young but I taught my brother when he was two and it isn't like I'm talking hard core instruction more lets go out and have a fun time together sliding on the snow. I agree that you can't push them and that's not my style anyways. In 15 years of skiing the only time my brother was pissed was when he was tired and fell asleep on Great Northern at Killy, my stepdad literally carried him out as he slept.

I am so glad you guys updated the fact that they are not doing free rentals this week!

I love driving all the way to the store to find out that they are only doing it next week. <3

sorry, they should have honored it for you. Owner changed his mind last minute since many of our rentals were still out last weekend and we wanted to make sure we had good selection for customers.

Free Rentals is now March 15th-18th and 22nd - 25th.

On a bright note, it is also Clearance Sale time! Skiwear and Boardwear is Buy 1, get 2nd of equal or lessor value for $1 (one dollar). See the stores for details.

-John

LAME

The store was supposed to honor the free rentals if anyone came in asking for them this week. Saurus' incident was a screw up by our employee. We had just backed off the advertising and slid the promotion one week to ensure we could take care of all the customers better.

I have IM'd Saurus to fix the situation.

-John

• Like 2