Whiteface / Lake Placid

RidgeRacer

My favorites are the tree shots..lookin good Senor Smartass and PaRidge!!!!! You guys skiing tomorrow?? Looks like the rain will hold off.

i was thinking about it but I'm not a fan of skiing on the same day that I'm making the drive home. I'll probably take in some more of the olympic sites...probably the ski jumping complex. I did get a chance to go in the Herb Brooks arena (home of the miracle on ice) which was cool.

I just removed some photos from my camera and wanted to share a few more miscellaneous shots...

The view of Algonquin Peak and Colden Mt. from the hotel

100_0419.jpg

The backside of Whiteface and Mirror Lake from Lake Placid

100_0423.jpg

PARR coming down Lower Valley or Fox (not sure) towards the lift (photo credit to Dan)

IMG00203-20100310-1012.jpg

Slides from the Summit Quad

Photo0191.jpg

Glade in between Skyward and Cloudspin near the summit with Mt Mansfield in the distance.

Photo0203.jpg

Lookout Below...This trail has got to be one of the elite in the East coast.

Photo0198.jpg

Looking down the large ski jump.

100_0484.jpg

Anyway good times.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

I just removed some photos from my camera and wanted to share a few more miscellaneous shots...

The view of Algonquin Peak and Colden Mt. from the hotel

100_0419.jpg

The backside of Whiteface and Mirror Lake from Lake Placid

100_0423.jpg

PARR coming down Lower Valley or Fox (not sure) towards the lift (photo credit to Dan)

IMG00203-20100310-1012.jpg

Slides from the Summit Quad

Photo0191.jpg

Glade in between Skyward and Cloudspin near the summit with Mt Mansfield in the distance.

Photo0203.jpg

Lookout Below...This trail has got to be one of the elite in the East coast.

Photo0198.jpg

Looking down the large ski jump.

100_0484.jpg

Anyway good times.

Always a good time up there, nice pix. I think those glades (Pic #5) are the Dead Timber Glades, not sure if that's an official or unofficial name for them. Where'd you stay up there? High Peaks Hotel had a pretty sweet deal going that we missed the week we were up there.

Always a good time up there, nice pix. I think those glades (Pic #5) are the Dead Timber Glades, not sure if that's an official or unofficial name for them. Where'd you stay up there? High Peaks Hotel had a pretty sweet deal going that we missed the week we were up there.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza which was nice. The Dead Timber Glades (thank you for the name by the way) are a lot of fun. When I skied WF last year, when there was a lot less snow and it was much warmer, that area was skiing really nice, I'm guessing because of it's high elevation.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer