Ruh Roh! The R word is coming for the forseeable future...

setagehtta

We cancelled our trip up to ME, Saddleback/Loaf last minute, not worth driving 12 hours one way for up to 3 days of rain. Gonna re-evaluate for next week, maybe a trip to MRV if we can't get the free digs in Rangeley. Sugarbush is doing $17 lift tix for St. Patty's Day.

I enjoyed your Whiteface report!!!!

Too lazy......here's a few pics.

Weather was good, teens in the AM into the upper 30's in the PM, no new snow, coverage was good, very little ice except on a few well travelled sections, shaded trees like 10th Mtn. glades still had some powdery shots, Slides 2& 3 were bumped, exposed ledges, skied off in some areas. Spent Wednesday doing top to bottom runs, spent Saturday doing the Little Whiteface lift thru cloudpslitter glades, Upper empire, Approach, etc back to the lift. Dinner highlight was at a new place that opened in the past year or so, Caffe Rustica, had a killer NY strip topped with gorgonzola in a demiglaze. Had beers and apps at the Dancing Bear (fairly new as well) part of the High Peaks resort, I think. OK food, nothing to write home about. Enjoyed skiing Lookout Mtn, interesting runs, Hoyt's was closed, Lookout below was open sporadically, did a run down once, wasn't into it conditionswise. Sugar Valley glades were tracked out as expected, but still fun to check out for the first time. Only took a few pix this time, wasn't into the whole shutterbug thing on this trip.