Hunter Any Passholder Day (Free)

RootDKJ

Hunter is offering their annual "Any Passholder Day" again on 3/28.

Anyone thinking about going? I'm pretty sure I'll go. It's free (sans gas) after all.

http://www.huntermtn...der_day&filter=

On Sunday March 28, 2010, bring your valid season pass from any mountain to Hunter and get a free lift ticket! Just bring your valid 2009-2010 season pass from any other ski area to the Snowsports Services Desk in the Ticket Center for your free lift ticket.NOTE: Passholders with Season Passes that do not have photos on them must provide some form of photo ID as well.

Toast, Justo and anyone else thinking about staying the night, here's my take on accommodations in the Hunter Area. I really hope that we can have a good turnout at Hunter day.

So nicest "name brand" hotel is the the Holday Inn in Kingston, NY. http://www.holidayin...com/index.html. Mrs Root always liked staying here and it's about a 45 minute drive into Hunter.

• Bar/Resturant on site
  • Pool/Hot Tub/Sauna/game room
  • Pizza place in walking distance
  • Breakfast on site is pretty reasonable.

Next up would be the Best Western in Coxsackie, NY. Mrs Root won't go into the pool here. It's too cloudy for her tastes. Also, don't go eat at Paul's Pizza and Pasta. I got food poisoning there once and shit my brains out for 3 days straight.

• Indoor pool/hot tub
  • Attached diner
  • Have to drive to the bar
  • Cheaper and much closer

The German Hotel/Resturant/Bar I'm going to stop at after skiing is the Bavarian Manor. http://www.bavarianmanor.com/ It's about 10 miles from Hunter and they open for lunch at 1 on Sunday's. This place is hard core German. The combo wurst platter (bauernwurst, weisswurst, bratwurst) is pretty amazing and so is the rest of the food there. The rooms here are a little pricier, but you're way closer to the mountain, and there's going to be a "Cabin Fever Dance" there on Saturday night. This most likely will bring in a decent crowd of locals, enough said. The breakfast here is amazing, but doesn't start until 8am. Everyone here is super nice, great food...I can't say enough good things about this place.

Here's what was on the beer menu when we stayed there in February.

IMG_0658.jpg

Franziskaner is really wheaty and delicious. Probably their best seller.

Warsteiner is full of flavor and easy to drink

Spaten Dunkel was the darkest of the three

Dinkel Acker was just ok for me. I'd rather have the Franziskaner or the Warsteiner.

They also have bottled beers, both German (Paulaner, Heinkein) and some domestic piss water. I don't know the area that well, but I'm getting to know it better every time I head into the Catskills. If you have any questions, hopefully I can answer it for you.

Oh hey...If there are any PASR's who don't have a season pass, but want to go, friend up Hunter on Facebook for half-price lift tickets on Sunday.

http://www.facebook....id=411851841814

Hello Facebook Fans!

We have the deal for you! We are offering a HALF PRICE ticket on Sunday March 28th to all of our loyal Facebook fans! But wait! That's not all! We're also offering a half price ticket voucher for your next visit to Hunter Mountain valid for the remainder of the 2009/10 season!

All you have to do is print this page and bring it in to the Group Sales office and ask for Dre before 11 am on Sunday March 28th!

So if your friend isn't a fan yet, tell them to become one so they can have a half price ticket too!

As you know, Facebook is a major source of up to the minute Hunter Mountain resort news, pictures, and videos! So stay connected!

Thanks and see you Sunday!