BCironworks 2010-2011

skeer_tomas

Great day yesterday. Hard fast snow in the morning that turned into hero snow as the day went on. Tubing jumps were prime in the morning but speed was an issue later in the day. Both cascade jumps had some weird kick to them that made them pretty sketchy. Rail line through black bear to the bottom jump was a lot of fun till the crowds showed up around noon then it was pretty crazy with people everywhere.

need some more uprails... there are way too many flat boxes. The flat down also needs to get put back to normal.

i agree with the up rails, maybe 1 or 2 would be nice. the flat down is set up the way it is because the topsheet on the down section is coming up about mid way down the box. i dont know why they flipped it around instead of just taking it out or fixing it but thats why its set up as a long flat to down.

i agree with the up rails, maybe 1 or 2 would be nice. the flat down is set up the way it is because the topsheet on the down section is coming up about mid way down the box. i dont know why they flipped it around instead of just taking it out or fixing it but thats why its set up as a long flat to down.

as long as they did it for a reason i dont care, but they still should just fix it. I also dont get why some feature never see the snow. Like for one the monster truck tire that just sits burried in snow could just be put up on the side of cascade somewhere as a stall or bonk or something. Just something small that takes up no room but is still fun to hit. And what happened to the wall ride?

as long as they did it for a reason i dont care, but they still should just fix it. I also dont get why some feature never see the snow. Like for one the monster truck tire that just sits burried in snow could just be put up on the side of cascade somewhere as a stall or bonk or something. Just something small that takes up no room but is still fun to hit. And what happened to the wall ride?

you would think it would take more work to get the skid loader and dig the fd out and to just fix it, or even if they had to pull it out to fix it why not fix it instead of turning it around. they have plenty of other rails they could have put in there for the time being.

the tire was in the bottom of black bear this year as a stall for about 2 weeks.

the wall ride is probably in the boneyard.

I really don't understand you bear creek kids and your Lego block/butter pad obsession. The butter pad to down rail was hands down the worst feature in the park when I was there Saturday.

Well.theres your problem. You went on a saturday. Its prime midweek during the day.

But for real, its something different and pretty fun to hit.

Well.theres your problem. You went on a saturday. Its prime midweek during the day.

But for real, its something different and pretty fun to hit.

Yep, it gets pretty beat up on the weekends but is real fun during the week. Hell it is even fun to just bomb at it and BS 180 over the rail.

The flat down is fun setup the way it is...kind of different but still fun.

I agree I think a FDF would be fun.

Edited by burton71

uhhh. its setup but its not too nice

yeah really haha its setup horrible. not enough speed to make the hugeee low but far gap. it was 10000 better setup with a jump lander. lots of stuff is setup awkwardly prolly will go back to normal once the huge melt happens next week.

uhhh. its setup but its not too nice

I don't know it was pretty fun yesterday. Had to go fast at it but other then that it was pretty smooth.

Snow was super slow in the afternoon but got hard and fast when the sun went down.

Jump line through BB was nice, but the larger face on the second jump needs some love. It had two big rough spots right before the lip. It was possible to split right between them but that started to get rutted by the end of the day.

FDF was really smooth and so was the FD.

Last jump was crazy fun, short but really smooth with a lot of pop.

Edited by burton71

yeah really haha its setup horrible. not enough speed to make the hugeee low but far gap. it was 10000 better setup with a jump lander. lots of stuff is setup awkwardly prolly will go back to normal once the huge melt happens next week.

I have zero trouble clearing the cannon, I think it's fun like this. Everything is set-up pretty clutch IMO. Quit bitching and just shred. /rant

two weeks? slacker. on a saturday? gaper

Haha yeah if you havent noticed I havent been up at all this season. Im going up now by myself because I skipped class, this will be my 10th time this season.. I work all day sundays, and monday-thursday nights. I go to school during the day, so as you can see I have no time to snowboard. But its all good, $$$$$ ftw.

I have zero trouble clearing the cannon, I think it's fun like this. Everything is set-up pretty clutch IMO. Quit bitching and just shred. /rant

speed was in issue for me but thats just my board. the setup is fun but its getting a little bit old.

not during most days its a struggle to even hit the first jump in cascade. and i wax everyday.

Edited by mollyskeez

Hate to burst your bubble but the flat down as you know it will probably never see the light of day again. It was due for plastic replacement this summer anyway but if you look closely the actual box top itself is warping from impact in the same places over the last 6 years. Because of this, the flat down will probably be scrapped completely and replaced with a lighter, stronger, more efficient design. If you guys remember; all those 16" wide boxes were built in the time frame of 1-2 years of each other so what I'm seeing now is that they're all failing in one way or another just because of how old they are. Whether it be steel warping, plastic/hardware breaking, or just because of how absurdly big and heavy they are. We're on track right now to start phasing out the older features so that we don't have this same problem another 5 years down the road.

The tire..... well we've found that it is almost too dangerous to put out. The ratio of kids who know how to properly jib it to the amount of kids who try to slide it like a box and end up leaving in an ambulance is (im sorry to say this) not in your favor. We can probably set it up top like you said though. It hasn't been up there in a while and it's pretty flat up there so noobs hitting it at mach 10 wont really be an issue.

Hate to burst your bubble but the flat down as you know it will probably never see the light of day again. It was due for plastic replacement this summer anyway but if you look closely the actual box top itself is warping from impact in the same places over the last 6 years. Because of this, the flat down will probably be scrapped completely and replaced with a lighter, stronger, more efficient design. If you guys remember; all those 16" wide boxes were built in the time frame of 1-2 years of each other so what I'm seeing now is that they're all failing in one way or another just because of how old they are. Whether it be steel warping, plastic/hardware breaking, or just because of how absurdly big and heavy they are. We're on track right now to start phasing out the older features so that we don't have this same problem another 5 years down the road.

The tire..... well we've found that it is almost too dangerous to put out. The ratio of kids who know how to properly jib it to the amount of kids who try to slide it like a box and end up leaving in an ambulance is (im sorry to say this) not in your favor. We can probably set it up top like you said though. It hasn't been up there in a while and it's pretty flat up there so noobs hitting it at mach 10 wont really be an issue.

this made me laugh. I agree about the tire. I can't tell you how many kids a saw just plain eat it on that thing. Its fun if you know how to hit it but dangerous if you don't. I was actually on the lift with a kid who.couldn't understand why it want sliding. I just shook my head.

As for the flat down, I hate to see it go but I do think its time for a new one.