Radii and sidecuts

Papasteeze

Ummm

Volkl  P60 GC Racing  GS  188cm  108-65-94  20.8M       

Volkl  P60 GC Racing  GS  183cm  108-65-94  19.6M

Atomic  GS:11  GS  186cm  105-65-95  19.5M 

Atomic  GS:11  GS  181cm  104-65-94  19M

As far as I know no J3/4/5 is skiing on 181s-188s....

26736[/snapback]

Well, a lot of 2nd year J3's are on 181's, 'Dude. My point is that a J1/2 USSA racer isn't buying a junior ski on purpose. A female beer league racer out west may find a 186cm, light junior ski a good match.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is the update: These are the responses:

I was not shopping for a width, I was shopping for a radius. I didn't think to explain such technicalities to someone who sells so much skiing stuff, but I did. Todd, you must know, that there are others out there who have gave up arguing with you. You sell individual skis, not lines of skis, take the time and list the ski for what it is, separate yourself from the rest.

Are you aware that these are 03/04 skis and not 2005 as stated in your ad? I was perplexed over these skis not showing on the Fischer website and found them tonight at Al's skibarn. http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:awh0L2E...2&hl=en&start=1 I shouldn't have to be making a case like this.

Please explain to me where I appeared to be unreasonable. While you are agreeing to take these back I really don't understand. I have not had a positive experience with you and am feeling prudent to warn anyone who listens to be very careful. For you to appease me when you felt I was wrong with a pair of socks only begs the question that since you are now willing to take these skis back why you won't offer merchandise equal to the costs of shipping?

I hope that you don't feel like I am holding you ransom, I would just like this to end up a positive experience. remember if I send these back, I have nothing to show for this experience except a bad memory. Not that you would care since one bad mark won't show up.

He then replied with:

did you not buy competition jr skis from me?

is that what you were shipped.

the comp jr ski is a new ski for 2005.

the link you sent from als was for the wc race jr skis.

this whole thing has been a big surprise to me (seeing as how i have sold about 1,000 fischer skis with listings like this and have never had a comment about specs before).

perhaps you were shipped a different model ski by mistake?

maybe we need more dialogue.

you can reply with your phone number and a good time to call if thats a better way to sort this out.

or email is fine.

perhaps you can send me some pictures to ensure we are on the same page here.

if i made a mistake in this transaction, then i am willing to refund for shipping costs and might entertain sending somethine comparable instead of a refund.

td

I then replied,

Oops my late night mistake on that link. I thought for sure I finally found the mystery ski... The ski you shipped does not exist on the Fischer website. Yes, please call anytime.

Now the plot thickens.... :blink:

just called fischer.

their website has misinformation on it.

certainly i thought i could use specs from their website and that would suffice for accurate information.

but apparently the 97,65,85 specs listed on their website are only for the 118cm ski (which also comes without a race plate).

the rest of the sizes have a sidecut of 110,63,92. inserted comment: these specs make an 11m radius which he still refuses to admit

i took this misinformation from the fischer website and inserted it into the auction ad for the skis you won.

i am glad you brought this to my attention and after speaking to fischer, i will need to not rely on info from their website any longer.

i will be editing my auction ads accordingly.

as mentioned, since i made an error in the transaction, i am willing to accept back the skis and bindings and issue full refunds including shipping both directions.

if you would prefer another ending, let me know and i will entertain it.

td

I then decided to get silly:

As far as bringing a happy ending to all of this.

Let see..

Bottles of aspirin for my headaches.

Bandaids for my blisters on my fingers from typing.

Compensation for hours on internet and computer time.

Therapy for my girlfriend.

Prozac perscription renewal.

14m radius Fischer skis for my son.

Twin Tip 4Frnts for my other son who feels left out.

2 hours travel time to and from my favorite ski shop.

Socks for somebody.

Technical consultation regarding ski specifications.

That's reasonable isnt it? after all I did leave out the pain and suffering thing?? :o) Ok then.. how about......

I don't think returning them at this point is the answer, I'm hung up on the thought of not having anything to show for all of this, silly as that might sound. The ultimate would be for you to credit the skis, I keep them, the minimum would be to do nothing. I got the skis at a good price, meeting in the middle would make me happy then we can close this whole learning experience, I can send you a positive response and then I can buy another thousand dollars worth of stuff from you next season.

Ok this is his lastest offer. I am going to sleep on it. I still want to know how I can have a ski that doesn't seem to exist. I want to investigate some more out of curiousity more than anything else. BTW the shipping was $22 not $15 :lol:

ROB

YOU ARE FUNNY.

I CAN OFFER YOU FREE SHIPPING AND SOCKS.

HERES THE INFO....

Please do reply to this email(include this previous email text) and let me know your preference of paypal or check for the refund.

Please include your address accordingly for the refund OF $15.

Thanks.

Todd

The skis I have are:

Fischer Competition

143cm R11 110-63-92

I will add at this point that Ridge has this exact same dimensioned ski but in the World Cup graphic. I am going to have to pick the skis back up and compare side by side and scour the smaller graphics to get any more info at this point.

Does the ski say "junior"? I am thinking since it's not on their website, it's an older or discontinued ski. What color is the "Fischer"? I noticed that the prior year model had it in white, this year's was in yellow.

Then, for some reason, this one for 2003 has black letters:

fischer_competition_junior.gif

Edited by sibhusky

Does the ski say "junior"?  I am thinking since it's not on their website, it's an older or discontinued ski.  What color is the "Fischer"?  I noticed that the prior year model had it in white, this year's was in yellow.

Then, for some reason, this one for 2003 has black letters:

fischer_competition_junior.gif

26747[/snapback]

It looks exactly like this years model.. I am going to have to get them back in hand figure out what is what.. Is it possible that a World Cup slalom ski some how received the competition graphics??? The ski I have is only available in the World Cup series according to website information I have viewed.

Ha, maybe it's like a stamp...the graphics are wrong, so it's a "collector's item"!!!

26762[/snapback]

:no cause it seems I am the only one collecting skis.. :woot

Here is the last (or maybe not - turns out to be a small world) correspondence and the end of this whole chapter.. This guy gets high marks from me!! He could have fought fire with fire.. I guess I got what I wanted accomplished.

i am happy to put an ending to this as you state below.

i agree with all your comments and i think this is fair.

i will send $22 and 2 pairs of socks.

thanks for your business.

todd

p.s.--i was at the bird today. i can confirm there was 2 feet of heavy but fun snow. also, i am considering moving my family and business to PA this summer (myself and my wifes families live in york and reading and we both went to penn state.....and i have sessioned roundtop, bear creek, and tussey mtn many times). we are looking at the reading and state college areas.

I am accepting $22 refund for shipping and 2 pairs of sock and that will be it. I did find a mention of the specific ski dimension that I have in a September ski magazine article but not in any website store.. I could relist them on ebay as custom made not available anywhere except they match the World Cup Line skis exactly.. (except for the graphic)

Edited by Papasteeze

It must be summer time on a ski forum when you post to your own post.

I only have time to cut and paste this info to keep it in one spot. This looks to be really useful..

There are web sites and formulas that can be used along with the measurements of the ski dimensions to figure it yourself, including the length of the ski (only the part that meets the snow- not the total length with the tip and tail that does not meet the snow). The issue is the ski length in the brochures is overall length so you have to physically measure the boards (which requires having access to the model and length you want). Some manufacturers will give a table or chart with the length and radius for every length like this brochure on Atomic web site

http://www.atomicsnow.com/english/overview_alpine.pdf

A good reference book on this (explains it well and has the calculation formula too if I remember) The NEW Skiing Mechanics by John Howe (there is a Skiing Mechanics too):

http://www.clawskis.com/new_skiing_mechanics.htm

And the web site calculator:

http://www.math.chalmers.se/~olahe/Fri/skiradius.html