Time for new Ski Boots

Papasteeze

How many times can you stand there and kick your binding toepiece before you crack the plastic? Can I come kick your bindings and run a little test?

27718[/snapback]

Umm apparently many times <_<

And uhh if you bring Kat :wiggle

No offsense to you sib, but from the stats I've seen, your not putting in 12 hour days.

True, after all, the lifts here are only open 9 to 4. Plus I minimize my breaks, i.e. one half hour for lunch. That's why my vertical per day is high and my mountain time doesn't equal 12 hours.

But, if wear is somehow correlated to ODOR, then my boots should "rank" right up there. Yikes!

I've never worn out a lining, I don't know why. The last pair I cracked one of the straps and couldn't replace it. This pair the lining is packed down, but I just keep adding stuff under the foot and it makes up the space. Other than the heel, which I know how to fix, I haven't seen any issues. Maybe some brands hold up better.

How many times can you stand there and kick your binding toepiece before you crack the plastic? Can I come kick your bindings and run a little test?

27718[/snapback]

Hey someone patent an aerodynamic scraper edge on top of the toe piece - quick!

-would need to be replaceable as it wears down. but.......... not obscure DIN settings, not be too sharp or pointed, but hey how times have you seen someone poking at someone else boots, beating on them with poles, etc etc.. I know some of the snow out in PC last March required me to scrape the boot back and forth over the top of the binding..........

I've never found kicking my bindings to work as well as wacking the boot on the side with my pole.  But then, I've got cheap poles....

27732[/snapback]

I got a new set of Line Reactors that have a larger clamp with more pointed ends that worked well for scraping. before these bindings, I too always beat them with a pole..

• 2 months later...

Okay - I did my homework - did lots of testing and fitting and least a dozen different pairs in the last 2 months and I am extremely pleased with my new Dalbello Kryptons!!!

I love the 3 piece shell - the way the ankle buckle can hold the heel back ..... all of the accessories included for tweaking adjustments later. The Stock foot bed isn't a whole lot different than one of those molded ones. I didn't feel the need for one yet, I think I will ski on them some and pack the liners out a bit first. 3 buckles with tongue strap to pull on. Wide cuff strap. Tons of flex - yet several accessories to remove the flex if I decide to run some gates. Several degrees of various shims for adjusting cant and forward lean. and to beat all..... They fit my knobby ankles without any obvious pressure points and yet are narrow enough to be snug around my foot and I can still wiggle my toes :rock

They work for me Try-em out if you are shopping...

• 1 month later...

Okay - I did my homework - did lots of testing and fitting and least a dozen different pairs in the last 2 months and I am extremely pleased with my new Dalbello Kryptons!!!

I love the 3 piece shell - the way the ankle buckle can hold the heel back ..... all of the accessories included for tweaking adjustments later. The Stock foot bed isn't a whole lot different than one of those molded ones. I didn't feel the need for one yet, I think I will ski on them some and pack the liners out a bit first. 3 buckles with tongue strap to pull on. Wide cuff strap. Tons of flex - yet several accessories to remove the flex if I decide to run some gates. Several degrees of various shims for adjusting cant and forward lean. and to beat all..... They fit my knobby ankles without any obvious pressure points and yet are narrow enough to be snug around my foot and I can still wiggle my toes :rock

They work for me Try-em out if you are shopping...

You know you are a post whore when you quote you're own post.

But I got word today from a Dalbella rep That T-Hall and the Armada Pro Team will be repping Dalbello Kryptons.. There is a new model coming out that has a reversed toe buckle so it doesn't get hung up on rails as easily. If any one has seen Steeze's boots, they will appreciate this concept.

its true, i tried the kryptons on the other day, since everyone has been saying that they fixed the liner and they fit much better now, so i decided to give them another shot. they do fit better than they used to, but its still a really weird foot. i have a very narrow foot, and the kryptons are still to narrow in the toe box for me, but they are kind of big in the heel pocket. give them a shot though, it might just be the boot to fit you.

the fit usually isnt as good. you cant fine tune it quite as much. you have one buckle (instep buckle) trying to hold a large portion of your foot in place, which it does, but you dont have as much control over where specifically you want the boot tighter or looser.

The krypton seems to have compensated for that by making it a 3 piece boot. One buckle clamps the foot piece down and the other clamps the leg piece around and then the 3 buckle ties the tongue of the boot with pressure forcing the heel back.. I can't wait to see if it actually works!! The certainly feel like they have all the control I need, but then I am only walking around the house. :huh:

its basically a reichle boot with a much better liner, so yeah, we'll see how they work i guess.

I was the first non Dalbello employee/rep to get into Kryptons last year. I have spent 20+ years in Flexons and was president o F.L.o.A (Flexon Lovers of America). If any of you are on Epic, you know my history. The Krypton is a Flexon on steriods. If you were in a Flexon, it will take you all of three turns to adjust. I am also in Thermoflex/Intuition molded liners. Is the krypton "end all of boots"? No. It is what fits YOUR foot. It really doesn't matter what is on the shell as far as the name, its what fits your foot.

DSC00003.jpg

You see a lower hinge point and also a much better design in the buckle placement and design. It is a much better boot in every aspect compared to the Flexon

Edited by Philpug

between the dalbello, and the raichle. the two in the pic.

The Flexons are basicly non existant as a new model. The Krypton is a spiritual successor to the Flexon. If you do a search over at Epic on "Krypton" you will see a ton of reviews and opinions.