CB Trail Report 1/4/12

oldtimeskier

Up today with my college age boys and a friend. First time at CB.

Conditions very nice, some icy spots, but overall good. They said 17 trails were open, not sure about that. They are blowing on a number that appear to be ready to open in the near future.

Love the two high speed quads, WOW what a difference.

Not crowded and no wait in any line. Overall a very favorable experience. I have read that this place can be a zoo on weekends and holidays, but it was nice today. Would go back again mid week.

Bought tickets off of Liftopia for $38. Would use that site again.

Nice place midweek. A bit of a zoo on the weekends but not any worse than Blue. Most of the people are on the Nile Mile and the other green trails from the top. If you stick to the black diamonds those trails are usually not crowded.

Didn't Nile Mile used to be a green and Pharaoh a blue? Changing Pharaoh to a black was a good idea. It's not steep but it's narrow and usually a sheet of ice. I've seen a lot people yardsale at that second bend.

Liftopia is great. I've used them several times with no problems.

Nice place midweek. A bit of a zoo on the weekends but not any worse than Blue. Most of the people are on the Nile Mile and the other green trails from the top. If you stick to the black diamonds those trails are usually not crowded.

Didn't Nile Mile used to be a green and Pharaoh a blue? Changing Pharaoh to a black was a good idea. It's not steep but it's narrow and usually a sheet of ice. I've seen a lot people yardsale at that second bend.

Liftopia is great. I've used them several times with no problems.

Your right. I forgot which season they changed them.

Nile used to be GREEN

Pharaoh used to be BLUE

Bactrian BLUE

I have been there the last four days. Thought they would have opened Rocket today since as of yesterday it was completely covered with snow and they moved snowmaking to another trial.