Jack Frost 12/28

C1erArt

Hit the slopes early. Cloudy with snow in great shape with the Challenge trees filling in and some nice bumps on Challenge right side. Saw JFSkiDan on the slopes. Demoed an Élan Amphibio 14 which was pretty nice - quick turning with good grip.

Bad news is Tbolt not open despite the web site status (maybe tomorrow). Exhibition has a long way to go, but they are blowing on East Mtn. Got pretty crowded on the slopes so I packed it in early.

post-1059-0-86455200-1356718451_thumb.jpg

Edited by C1er

fun morning, but way to crowded for me by 11 am. they installed ABS (automatic braking system) starting about the bottom 1/3 of Challenge. the man made that was drifting over from Thunderbolt (un-opened) onto Challenge actually made it a "challange" to get to the lift without the use of poles. Demattes was pretty good, but a slalom course after about 10, when the snow loosened up nice.

i took a walk over to East Mountain, which has quite a ways to go yet. looks like the last headwall on rivershot was getting good coverage, but from the top of the E-Glade to the elevator, it looks like they would benefit from some of the portable fan guns. Good news is they are blowing a decent amount into the E-glade.

i will keep the pics of East Mtn for my own enjoyment since i cant post them.

mrs guitar & I left SEPA ~ 7:40 AM & rolled into the parking lot around 9:20AM. we booted up at the car & then headed over to the lift tix desk; def a long line there. finally got on the snow around 10. did one lap down demattes and decided that was for the birds...way too crowded. we spent the rest of the afternoon playing around on challenge. groomed, bumps, trees...it was all good. it got even better around 2pm when the sun popped out for a while and softened things up a bit. we ended up skiing with two of mrs. guitar's friends from skidiva.com...fun times had by all.

we demo'd some skis as well. mrs guitar tried the rossi temptation 82 in 152cm and I did the nordica hell & back in 178cm. she liked the extra length for speed and stability at speed. I thought he hell & back was really light-weight, but if you let it roll with the slope it was stable and held a good edge....a really fun ski.

Do they still have the buy one get ones on Sundays? Anybody seen the coupons for that deal?

Try dunkin donuts. Not sure if they have the bogo, but i am pretty sure they have $10 off. Dont think lukoil has them this year. Dont sweat it though, absolutly no coupons or pretty girls with extra cleavage will work for this sunday. Holiday rates until the second.