JF 1/27

guitar73

good day so far. got to the mtn @ 8:00...booted up & met up with jfskidan on lightning. fresh courdory was on the menue today. flyods was good early, as was rivershot. took two runs down the elevator.....high up it was scraped off, but 1/3 of the way down it was more manageable. then it was off to challenge trees & one park trees. they were firm but still skied nicely. the whales on skier's left of exhibition were a ton of fun. jfskidan checked out at noon & I enjoyed a nice hot bowl of chicken chowder & a swiss miss snack pack (chocolate). should be a good afternoon :)

Another fun day at JF. Good to make some turns with another PASR in the house. Not much to add, Challenge glade showing thin in just the few usual spots, but still skiing top to bottom, which has last year beat hands down. One park glade still on point, and things were softening up just a little by the time had to depart. i imagine things skied quite well for the balance of the afternoon.

• Like 1

Finished up the weekend with a couple hours Sunday afternoon. Things were in better condition than last Sunday, but Challenge and Tbolt glades starting to show some rocks. Going to need to work on my edges this week. Looks like a tough week on the slopes coming up.

afternoon was fun as well. took another lap down elevator and then played in the challenge bumps for a bit. watched tinymoose run some gates on ridge run, then bumped over to east mtn for one last run down flyods and rivershot. saw patrol dragging some kid out of the woods at the base of rivershot. it was hard to tell, but the kid might have plowed into one of the snow guns down there. at any rate, he ended up quite a ways into the woods. he got a free ride to the summit on the sled. i cruised on exhibition and t-bolt the rest of the afternoon. met back up with tinymoose and did a few runs with her after she got done with her clinic.

all-in-all, def a fun weekend at jack frost!

Edited by guitar73

afternoon was fun as well. took another lap down elevator and then played in the challenge bumps for a bit. watched tinymoose run some gates on ridge run, then bumped over to east mtn for one last run down flyods and rivershot. saw patrol dragging some kid out of the woods at the base of rivershot. it was hard to tell, but the kid might have plowed into one of the snow guns down there. at any rate, he ended up quite a ways into the woods. he got a free ride to the summit on the sled. i cruised on exhibition and t-bolt the rest of the afternoon. met back up with tinymoose and did a few runs with her after she got done with her clinic.

all-in-all, def a fun weekend at jack frost!

What did tiny think of the clinic?

I had a great time at the clinic! Personally, I would have preferred to spend more time on East Mountain on the steeps because that's a weakness of mine. The steeper it is, the more old, bad habits creep back in. But our group also wanted to spend some time in the bumps and trees, so we only did a handful of runs over there.

The gates were fun, but they didn't close ridge run, so random people kept flying into the race course. The instructors were trying to get people to stay off the course, but were only so successful at that.

Overall, it was very well organized and well run. They had a group for everyone, from beginners up to our very large intermediate/adv intermediate group. I think 20-some people attended the clinic?

• Like 1

I had a great time at the clinic! Personally, I would have preferred to spend more time on East Mountain on the steeps because that's a weakness of mine. The steeper it is, the more old, bad habits creep back in. But our group also wanted to spend some time in the bumps and trees, so we only did a handful of runs over there. The gates were fun, but they didn't close ridge run, so random people kept flying into the race course. The instructors were trying to get people to stay off the course, but were only so successful at that.Overall, it was very well organized and well run. They had a group for everyone, from beginners up to our very large intermediate/adv intermediate group. I think 20-some people attended the clinic?
I thought I had my wife convinced to do it but the flyer said intermediate to advanced so she was too intimidated. From the way you pitch it sounds like she would have been fine. She's an intermediate even if she won't admit it ;)Didn't get to ski with you this weekend but hope to ski with you both soon.

I had a great time at the clinic! Personally, I would have preferred to spend more time on East Mountain on the steeps because that's a weakness of mine. The steeper it is, the more old, bad habits creep back in. But our group also wanted to spend some time in the bumps and trees, so we only did a handful of runs over there. The gates were fun, but they didn't close ridge run, so random people kept flying into the race course. The instructors were trying to get people to stay off the course, but were only so successful at that.Overall, it was very well organized and well run. They had a group for everyone, from beginners up to our very large intermediate/adv intermediate group. I think 20-some people attended the clinic?
I thought I had my wife convinced to do it but the flyer said intermediate to advanced so she was too intimidated. From the way you pitch it sounds like she would have been fine. She's an intermediate even if she won't admit it ;)Didn't get to ski with you this weekend but hope to ski with you both soon.

You know.. they did say that on the flyer, but I would say it was more a ton of intermediates and even a couple beginners. Maybe a few ladies in my group could have been considered advanced, but they put me in the "adventurous" group, and I wouldn't call myself more than an advanced intermediate at best, and some days not even that. :unsure: One lady who attended the clinic had just skied for the first time within the last week or so. She should definitely check out a women's clinic in the future! Of the two I've attended (last year I attended Bear Creek's), both times they've done a great job of matching skiers of similar abilities, and everyone has always been very supportive and friendly. I think with "intermediate" they're mostly wanting you to have some experience skiing, and not be a never-ever first-timer.