Not so bad today.....

poconovfr

I was really in question of the day and like all of us who ski here knew what the hill would be like. Sketchy at best. But after a good breakfast and some sibling squibling, inservice day, we loaded up and headed for the mountain. It was good to see the guns full bore as recovery looks to be swift.After the normal rolling around the base area we managed to hop on around 10. First run down Tomahawk was ...well....ok. Fro-zone cord. Just what I expected. Glad I opted for the Wateas the Bonafides hate that shit. After 8 blasters down Tomahawk to warm up we hit Arrowhead which had been under the guns all morning. Sweet. Snow. Well...woohoo made made snow. Certainly beat the ice everywhere else. As the day rolled on enough people has shown to bust up the cord and things were actually not bad. Should set up for a decent weekend. Glad to see the entire mountain open this year.

Yeah it's seven miles from my place.I spend some time there.

Not so busy this season. No bumps anymore. To many beginners.They would just be in the way. When we have snow the woods are sweet.

Only been to Shawnee once after a thaw. Is it just wilderness trails or cut glades? Guessing they need a good deal of natural to get them in shape.

Not much has changed...well the HSQ is pretty sweet,but the terrain is the same. They quit letting bumps happen quite some time ago. It was just getting to be a mess.The woods are not marked but we keep'em pretty clean and yes 2 feet plus needed to open the woods.

One thing super nice about the place is no lines. Even holidays are no problem.....and the bar is never packed.

Not much has changed...well the HSQ is pretty sweet,but the terrain is the same. They quit letting bumps happen quite some time ago. It was just getting to be a mess.The woods are not marked but we keep'em pretty clean and yes 2 feet plus needed to open the woods.

One thing super nice about the place is no lines. Even holidays are no problem.....and the bar is never packed.

That has changed... Used to be crazy busy on weekends...

Mmmm....Tecumseh still not groomed.....so nice. Sweet couple days. Sloppy snow,lots of sunshine and the place to myself. For tomorrow anyway. Mountain is in awesome shape. Holding snow really well. See what the weekend brings. I'm hopeful things will get turned up on Tecumseh and they dust it in a day or two. Be nice to have to have spring bumps. So nice.