Saddleback trip.

poconovfr

I'm a week out from our annual family ski vacation. It was my turn to pick the mountain and this place just looks like what I'm after. Glades,steeps,snow,small resort atmopshere,family friendly and way to cheap. We're up for the week right after Presidents week. Ski in ski out. Should be a good time. So who's been to Saddleback and Rangeley. Where to go,food, hidden glade areas? Is the walk to the top for the fields worth it?I'll make the trek anyway..... I have a good feeling about Saddlback. Sure hope it's worth the drive.

I went to Saddleback last year during a powder day, but the mountain closed due to high winds. I have heard that the Casablanca glades your talking about are well worth it. Apparently you hike up the traverse and there are different entry points. The farther you go, the less people there are willing to hike. Ive heard about stashes for days.

Saddleback is owned by good peeps, threw a shit ton of money into that place as it used to be kind of a shithole.

Go to the loaf, the loaf has real above tree line skiing like the Rock Pile. The loaf is now the biggest resort east of the Mississippi and has more vert than taos, sun valley and some CO hills. The loaf's newest expansion on Burnt mtn is essentially a couple hundred acres of glades with no lift, more traversing, some sorta chutes too, excellent playground.

Casablanca glades are good and work your traverse skills. False Peak if your cool with living outside the boundaries.

Rangeley's best restaurants are The Farmhouse Inn which is Mexican & Steaks and Parkside and Main which is American. Corner Side Grill is good too but spendy, their is a thai restaurant as well which I can't remember the name of which is pretty decent.

Lastly gotta ride Muleskinner, its a ME classic.

• Like 1

Thanks. Great info.I did plan a day at the Loaf as well. We did Sunday River last year and it was great right up till the weekend. Then it turned in to a Walmart.I asked the locals last year where everybody skied and Saddleback was the first name I would hear. And the price was way affordable.