Bump comp - conditions should be good

tarponhead

Hit up Blue today. Conditions pretty good. Dry chalky carvablw snow. Main st bumps were a bit rough as it was really icy but good day to practice reverse line cause bump snow itself was dry chalky too.

Hit lower lodge quick and Glenn grabs me to help ski in the bumps. They blew dry chalky somewhat dense snow all through them last night on top of seeded bumps and man made was pretty deep. We slipped them until we could ski them. No scraping! Should be the best they have been in the last couple years for the comp. Two tiers of kickers, 3 kickers per tier.

Also nice cause challenge was closed and we were skiing fresh cord all afternoon on bottom half. Don't think patrol was happy seeing civilian bumpers on closed trail.

Will be there opening bell to noon, then gotta head up to Massachusettes for college visit so won't be able to stay and watch comp. Enjoy guys

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 3

No doubt they are going to have complete coverage and tons of snow March 30th..but are they gonna be turning a good profit the first week in April? Maybe blue will surprise us but I'm happy with it being the 30th vs the 23rd. As I've seen in the past a good ski season usually doesn't translate into a very late closing..it's why they haven't made it past April 1 since 1993-94 when they were open till April 10th.

while I've definitely seen the good season != late closing in the past, I'd like to think that a profitable season would

It has got to have been a super season this year, especially with the bulk of the natural snow falling south of Blue, which serves to pull out the crowds.

The question becomes, how fast does it warm up and how long do crowds still keep coming out???

With still a bunch of snow on the grass, people aren't going to be thinking too much about golfing, so it may keep them coming out to the slopes.

Once the crowds start to diminish, so will go Blue's season.

Hell, even if they just kept the quad or (gulp) even the doubles running into April, I'd be happy to ski it...

I might even be persuaded to buy another waffle with chocolate to help keep em open longer!

minimal snowmaking this year has helped them. Once they blew snow, there wasn't much done to reclaim snow lost by warm ups and rain. One of their biggest costs is snowmaking, and with only doing the bulk of that once, I'm sure they are making bank.

Only that one big warmup with rain that they had to recover from, but they already had a mega-base set up before it with the week of brutal cold.