JF 12-14

larrytbull

My son and I went to JF on Sunday.

Used my CBS local discount.  and his 5th grader snow pass.  

No a huge amount of snow on the trails, but plenty for us to Ride.

Hardly any people, and no waits for lifts

We spent most of the day working on his ground tricks like 360's 180's and tripods.

then finished the day with a few laps in the park.

Sure it may not have the amount of terrain open as Blue right now, but I love early and late season, as there are not a lot of beginners if any around, and the slopes are wide open.  As a boarder this is prime time to hone up the tricks you want to do when season is in full tilt

It's a reverse polish vadelin....lots of things on skis serve little purpose outside of saying to your friend look what i can do.

Isn't that the point.  

Things get boring if all you do is go straight  down the mountain.

What ever floats your boat, whether it is having fun in park, Jumping, slalom, or just going faster than your friends.

Don't be a hater, just  because you enjoy wearing 2 snowboards instead of one

• Like 1

Isn't that the point.  

What ever floats your boat, whether it is having fun in park, Jumping, slalom, or just going faster than your friends.

Yup.  Tripods and butters are excellent ways to work on board control as well.

Yup.  Tripods and butters are excellent ways to work on board control as well.

My son is only 10 yo and is already slamming it in the park, but having issues with landing off  of some of the higher rails, because his switch, and buttering need work.  using these techniques helps with the  board control, and his awareness of board flex, and his balance.

Too him it also is a neat trick that non of his friends can do

My son is only 10 yo and is already slamming it in the park, but having issues with landing off  of some of the higher rails, because his switch, and buttering need work.  using these techniques helps with the  board control, and his awareness of board flex, and his balance.

Too him it also is a neat trick that non of his friends can do

Definitely.  All of that translates to being an all around better rider everywhere on the mountain and makes riding more enjoyable then just bombing down the hill.

• Like 1

Faii

This makes you a better rider???

Fairly straight foreward to explain this:

If takes an enormous amount of balance and  and board control enough to control yourself and the board at these extreme angles, and still be able to pop back on the board.  that translates into better riding in general.  similar to difference in pizza/french fries to a person who can use edge control on 2 snowboards (ski's)  .  One can get down the mountain, the other one can ride down the mountain

Yup..hands forward ass up...I wish my local mountain was bear creek or

Jackson frost so I had lots of flat terrain to butter on.

so this practice was done on steeper blue terrain, and blue mt has plenty trails that is perfect for those exercises.  perhaps you should try some buttering on ski's twice the fun right?

so this practice was done on steeper blue terrain, and blue mt has plenty trails that is perfect for those exercises.  perhaps you should try some buttering on ski's twice the fun right?

I just like skiing fast I don't have time for that...someone might pass me which would bruise my ego.

You should change your name to LarryBird!!!

Isn't that the point.  

I ain't hating, I wear ridiculous colors because it's fun I'm live and let live....unless your fruit booting...