JF Tuesday

JFskiDan

Wasnt really rushing out the house this morning since they said East was to open on Friday, and Phillycore was thinking a 9 am start (Dom Time) was in order due to an always less than crowded day. Checked the east mountain cam a little after 8 am to see a swarm of red coats heading down a groomed surface, which got me motivated to head out.  headed over to east, and from the lift i could see skiers right on both headwalls we left ungroomed, and you could make a few nice turns in some soft man made. Elevator glade needs a little love, and a few tree limbs removed. Over to the elevator to check it out. Skiers right needs a haircut.  Unfortunately its really only covered from the top to about half down with what looked to be some nice soft man made, an it was just that, soft looking snow.  it was some pretty hard core hard ass snow that left me skidding around on it as i just made an attempt to ski the very top.  

Usually the E-glade and Elevator get better coverage right out of the gate, but the warm weather and rain in between snowmaking efforts put the damper on that.  

My first lift ride on East Mt stopped 4 times, with tons of empty chairs, so it seems as though the lift is running just as good as it has in years past.  Eventually they switched lifts.  

The balance of East Mt should be open on Saturday, which really only leaves Lehigh, which they probably started on today.  Challenge is about 3/4 width, so thats looking up.  

The fun stuff needs some help, Park glade is slowly getting filled in.  

Tubing should be full open tomorrow for those interested.  

Overall another fun ski day with PC, and i rolled around 1 pm.