Plattekill 2/7 & 2/8

gtd

Day 6 & 7 at Plattekill this year.

Arrived Saturday at 8:30, two buses already there, we were on double chair by 9:00, conditions were fantastic everywhere, light snow the majority of the day probably picked up 1" to 3".

Big crowd Saturday for Plattekill, both chairs were full all day but no lift lines, had to wait 6 to 8 chairs once or twice on the double. They had groomed the majority of the mountain on Thursday or Friday, even Freefall was groomed but the bumps built up fast, but were very soft. Hard to say what was the run of the day, Plunge, Freefall, Northstar or Blockbuster.

Arrived Sunday at 8:45, on the double chair by 9:15, much warmer than Saturday, light snow overnight 1" to 2", conditions were great all day, decent crowd mid-morning but nowhere near the skiers as Saturday, conditional were just as good if not better than Saturday.

Skied over 21,000 vertical Saturday and just over 25,000 Sunday.

I'll post some photo's later.

• Like 1

I was there Saturday - had a blast.  First time there. 

Yeah, they left some bumps on the side of a few of the steep runs- am I right in thinking usually those are totally ungroomed?

Found a real nice glad right at the end of the day, and had some fun earlier on the bike trails.  

Funny that regulars think Saturday was crowded...I though it was empty.  

Would love to get back there this year.

They usually leave the skiers right on Northface and Upper Face bumped up along with the skiers left on Plunge and Blockbuster, and usually they don't groom Freefall at all, but after they had their powder day on Tuesday they groomed almost 100% of the area.

I have a bunch of bogo coupon, so I rarely spend more than $29 per ticket, on holiday weekends if I go I get my ticket from liftopia or iskiny, the advertised w/e rate is $59.

I have only skied Belleayre once on a weekend, never again too crowded, same for Hunter and Windham.

Saturday was the crowd-est I have ever seen Plattekill, on the holiday weekends the lodge and bar are crowded and occasionally a short lift line on the triple chair. There was never really a lift line Saturday but the chairs were full and the trails had more skiers than usual.

The reason I ski at Plattekill and Burke is that I don't like crowds and the majority of my ski days are on weekends, my job doesn't allow me to get out too many days during the week.