Plans for my Terrain Park

Justin

I've been working a whole lot on my backyard terrain park lately. Here are the plans for this winter:

3-4 hits side by side, possibly one hit after the first (we are looking at a 3-4 definatly, but maybe 4-6 if I can get enough snow)

Current Plans are for a C-Box, Rainbow Box, Flat Rail, and a Rollercoaster Box.

100% Snowmaking - Running a Mini SM4 as of now, with a Wye Gun and a SM4 as a backup - If I can get more air and water then I'll run two Mini SM4's. The Mini SM4 puts out just as much, if not more snow than the SM4 with less water and air used, and with a lot more simplicity. With just one it will take a couple of days to get the amount of snow that I need, I am going to need to put more snow in some areas to make a steeper slope to get more speed for the hits, and possibly make a small slope after a hit to get enough speed for a second. My complete snowmaking stats are:

Main Snowgun: Mini SM4

Back Up Snowguns: Wye Gun, SM4

Compressor: Eaton Portable 6.5CFM@40PSI, 5.5CFM@90PSI

Pressure Washer: Karcher 1400PSI 1.3 GPM, Plan to Upgrade

Everything will be lighted for all night sessions :D

Currently there is no plan for a towrope of any kind, the hill is too small for it to be practical.

I'll have pics up of my backyard tomorrow - too dark now....

Also, I'd like to have a PASR session sometime in the winter too......I'll keep you all updated for that.

Sounds great, I thought that might have been you on the snowguns fourm yesterday. I'm not positive but I think the sm4 still makes more snow than the mini sm4 because it has one more misting nozzle. The great thing about the sm4 gun is that it uses the least amount of air. Good luck to you and your park!

After doing a dry run today it still seems that the normal SM4 put out more water then the Mini. I'll probably just use the SM4 for establishing a base and making piles for jumps, and then as the year goes on use the Mini to resurface and add some more snow when its needed.

Question: why not more "normal" jibs? Sure, the ones you listed are fun for awhile, but if it were me, I'd rather have a mellow, normal setup than some circus rails. You'll be able to learn way more stock tricks on a mellow set-up, then take it to a real park and/or handrail. Plus, it'd be way easier to build. I'd suggest a 20 foot long, 2 foot wide, two foot tall (bigger if you actually have a base) flat (or slightly down) box, a handrail-style box (3 foot ollie onto it, 3 inches wide, 15 step down or so), and mabye a flat-down box.

Question: why not more "normal" jibs?  Sure, the ones you listed are fun for awhile, but if it were me, I'd rather have a mellow, normal setup than some circus rails.  You'll be able to learn way more stock tricks on a mellow set-up, then take it to a real park and/or handrail.  Plus, it'd be way easier to build.  I'd suggest a 20 foot long, 2 foot wide, two foot tall (bigger if you actually have a base) flat (or slightly down) box, a handrail-style box (3 foot ollie onto it, 3 inches wide, 15 step down or so), and mabye a flat-down box.

30596[/snapback]

Because I already have those - last year I built a Flat Box, and a hubba-style box.

Instead of a tow rop, just tie a rope to a tree at the top so u can just pull yourself up when u wanna go back up. alittle more work, but alot cheaper.

30611[/snapback]

It wouldn't work out, because the hits are side by side, so if you were on the far side of the hill, you'd still have to walk to get to the rope. The hill is small enough anyway.

• 2 months later...

post some pictures immediately alright?. i think i saw a paper article on you last year? is that correct? because i build boxes like you also and you claimed to have the only c box..... i had one last year and an s box. take a peek. if so, tell me where the session is and we can shred......http://garagecreation.tripod.com

post some pictures immediately alright?. i think i saw a paper article on you last year? is that correct? because i build boxes like you also and you claimed to have the only c box..... i had one last year and an s box. take a peek. if so, tell me where the session is and we can shred......http://garagecreation.tripod.com

Haha, no, that was us. We didn't claim to have the only C-Rainbow box, we just said (at the current time) that there weren't any C-Rainbows at our local ski areas. You can look at pics of what we had setup at our site below in the gallery. We hope to have more stuff setup this year.

Edit: Woooow! I just checked out what you guys have put together. That is some AWESOME stuff. Where did you guys get all that snow from first off, haha. We never got that much, I don't think at least. You guys have been using PVC for the coping? We've trying to figure out what we want to use for the side rails, looks like it works well. We were a little afraid our skis would dig in really hard and we'd break ourselves.

We had ambitious plans last year and had 30, 40, and 50 booters made of dirt ready to be covered and an 18 foot quarter pipe made of dirt to be covered, but our land got taken away. We had to relocate it to my friends backyard temporarily. We'll see what we can do this year. I am super impressed by your stuff, that S-Box is really nice. The jumps were awesome too. You've given me something to shoot for this year.

Edited by lurker

• 2 months later...