Early Season Rail Jam

DHarrisburg

Roundtop has a rail jam scheduled for October 23rd. I read papasteeze's entry about it in the calendar, and I'm going to be in the area around that time, so any info you have on this event would be greatly appreciated. Also, apparently the event is invite-only, does anyone know if this is going to be a Roundtop local only event, or are they planning on inviting most of the east coast rail shreds? Any idea on what it takes to be invited? I've shot an email off to try and get the email/phone number of the person running the event already.

My suggestion is to try to contact them at Newschoolers, they are active over there, get the invite, otherwise just show up and buddy up with them then.

BTW - it seeems that most of the mountains are having a fall open season rail jam. With some obvious exceptions . cough CB cough

My suggestion is to try to contact them at Newschoolers, they are active over there, get the invite, otherwise just show up and buddy up with them then. 

BTW - it seeems that most of the mountains are having a fall open season rail jam. With some obvious exceptions .  cough  CB cough

30649[/snapback]

Is Roundtop going to be skiiers only? If I don't get an invite I'll probably just try to poach practice and get an invite on the spot. Also, what other fall rail jams are going on?

as of right now, no idea.. i'm actually busy working on another event for sept 3rd in downtown harrisburg, but as soon as that is done, and out of the way, i will be focusing more on the october jam, and whether it will be a new rail, or something we have done before, but as soon as word is ready on that jam, i'll post up the info

as of right now, no idea.. i'm actually busy working on another event for sept 3rd in downtown harrisburg, but as soon as that is done, and out of the way, i will be focusing more on the october jam, and whether it will be a new rail, or something we have done before, but as soon as word is ready on that jam, i'll post up the info

30779[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard something about that one, too. Can you give me more info on it?

Edited by DHarrisburg

here is pretty much how the set-up is going to be for it... we have a box truck that we use for our paintball operation that is about 9ft tall.. riders will start at the top of the truck and drop onto a 20ft ramp that will be attached to the van.. off the 20ft ramp riders will transistion onto an 8ft takeoff ramp onto a 20ftx1ft box that we used last season. all the ramps will be covered with a surface that we are getting, the covered with snow/ice shavings from ice rinks. we have a good number of both boarders and skiiers that will be riding.. $10 entry fee, helmets are REQUIRED as well.

the event location... it will be held at the 7th and Forester St. parking garage in Downtown Harrisburg. ALSO this event is taking place in/during a car show put on by WRTeam, called WREvolution 05.. 2502 stunt bikes and Bastard on Wheels will also be in the same area that we are providing entertainment along with a long list of bands and dj's..

Thanks JOE!!!! The Larick Clan will be there. Steezemachine, aka Nipples will be rip roaring ready to go - he is pumped!! Any chance of adding a tail to the end of the box for some stylish dismounts? Sounds like the ramp will carry plenty of speed.

Edited by Papasteeze

Thanks JOE!!!!  The Larick Clan will be there.  Steezemachine, aka Nipples will be rip roaring ready to go - he is pumped!!  Any chance of adding a tail to the end of the box for some stylish dismounts?  Sounds like the ramp will carry plenty of speed.

30979[/snapback]

don't have the time nor do i want to make changes to that rail since we are using it in one of the parks this season....im hoping there will be enough speed coming off those ramps and all

• 2 weeks later...

ok, since we have been having such a large number of people reequesting to ride, or thinking about coming to this jam, the promoters have asked me to make it an invite only event... i have a list of riders who are already submitted to the promoters and that is all who are going to be able to ride in this jam... sorry if this causes any mix up, or anger, or whatever, but i have to do what the car show promoters ask of me.. so as of last week, this is an INVITE ONLY event

ok, since we have been having such a large number of people reequesting to ride, or thinking about coming to this jam, the promoters have asked me to make it an invite only event... i have a list of riders who are already submitted to the promoters and that is all who are going to be able to ride in this jam... sorry if this causes any mix up, or anger, or whatever, but i have to do what the car show promoters ask of me.. so as of last week, this is an INVITE ONLY event

31730[/snapback]

I'm on that list, right?

This is the list - I hope you don't mind me posting it...

steve stepp

evan resatar

matt stambaugh

tom warnick

matthew hein

steven larick

jared friedline

loyd

kyle warrenfeltz

justin cooper

galli

matt manoni

eric kerns

nick clingon

jonah (pit crew)

scott (more skates)

smiley(nidecker and mission 6 rep)

kevin wormser

matt neighbert

jeremy king

mike vilegas

terry walters

cayleigh marks

phil minter

ben boustred

jon allen

jeff miller

greg...???

craig shambaugh

chris flemming

matt kegg

tyler resetar

dan k

Tom Wallisch

hendrik de Zwart

Marc Navagato

John Noriega

Mike Fedyk

patrick gephart

Brad Larrison

michelle wagner

Terence Stilin-Rooney

will stepp

ryan macburt

Nate Sheehan

don't worry about your set-up.. this is a great group of central pa mountain guys. come out meet them and rep PASR! We will be there by 3pm - I believe the earlier you get there the earlier you can kill yourself with practice runs.. etc etc - the cut- off is 3:30 or so. THis thing runs for like 7 hours!! Steeze has his '06 gear put away for the season start.. you know how to ride, thats all that matters..

BTW - google Nate Sheehan, the last name on the list.. http://www.gravitygames.com/article/view/4...articleView.tpl

Edited by Papasteeze