12/22...lots of terrain..lots of yahoos..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. On the drive up I rocked out to Meek Mill, Eddie $$$ and Pat Benatar. Arrived at the lower lot at 650pm with temperatures in the mid 30s and Atomic Jeff arrived a few minutes later. Not many people and it was nice parking in the lower lot. The quad was running and first run was on Paradise which was kind of meh..some sugar, some hardpack and some whoop Dee dos. We saw Matt Edge and TheDude4Bides and Edge laughed when I said I was ready for a double black(shoshanna and laquisha)..nah just kidding the double black was challenge and it was firm on top and dark in the middle..next up was Main Street which was variable..some sense sugar, some boilerplate and some dark spots. Up Main Street chair and Easy out to Vista to Burma which was pretty nice. Then up Main Street chair again to Lazy mile which was crazy mile with yahoos all over the place

Back to the quad for more runs on challenge and lazy. We were gonna quit but then saw GSSucks so did another lazy to the falls and another challenge. One run on lazy there was a random pair of skis in the middle of the run which I almost stomped. I was dressed fairly warm and with the wind it was like my third favorite Katie Perry song..Hot and Cold..id be warm at the bottom and chilly at the top...and for those curious waking up in Vegas and Last Friday Night are my first and second favorite Katie Perry songs respectively. In the lot GSSucks hooked me up with a 11.4% Lagunitas beer followed by a Dirt Wolf and the yahoos were in the lot. A neon, a civic and an Audi A4 were all revving their engines and driving around like darshes and across the street was a pickup truck doing donuts and burnouts..shit was bananas. I left Blue at 10:05PM and back in the A 25 minutes later.

What a nice opening week+..had a few morning sessions and three night sessions this week. I'll be in Virginia tomorrow until Sunday and back in the lower lot first thing Monday...another hats off to the snowmakers for getting 5 major runs open or about 60% of Blues terrain open. The only runs I didn't ski today we're come around, the chute and the shuttle. Everybody who's out tomorrow and Saturday have fun. Should be very comfortable weather and light to moderate crowds. JADIP

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

Did you ever get a job in the field??

I prefer the term verbose

No, I ran out of money for school in like my sophomore year, so never finished the degree. I wrote for the Collegian while I was at Penn State, that's about as big time as I got. Came home and took a retail "figuring shit out" job that turned into a career. Climbed that ladder for ten years until I got high enough to realize it wasn't for me anymore. Took a job as a cable guy and now I'm ten years in this field. Much happier a decade in over here though.