HRM's ? :confused

skimom

my mom has a polar and she says it is the most well known and is great

she has to use this when running now b/c she had a minor heart attack last winter at okemo while sking, she managed to ski from the top to bottom durring the attack

she was in good condition before and when the heart attack happened

she ran about three miles every day

but she is fine now and just finished cardiac rehab

Any doctors in the room? Oh... wait...

31224[/snapback]

:rofl

Heart rate monitors are exercise freak stuff, not doctor stuff. They are equivalent to the altimeter for skiers... for those of us who are motivated by following trivial data. Gotta follow that data...

My brother got me one of these things. I should have returned it and got his money back. I had NO interest, especially after strapping the darn thing around my chest. I could see me skiing with THAT on all day! Unfortunately, I gave the thing to Siblet, who opened the box and used the watch to tell time with. She's never used the thing either. Its instructions are worse than your new VCR's.

My ear drums...  when I hear my heart beat in my ears, I know my aerobic is up...  is that a good thing?  :)

31269[/snapback]

Pulsatile tinnitus. You probably have an expanding cerebral aneurysm, just waiting to rupture. It's no problem unless it goes...

My brother got me one of these things.  I should have returned it and got his money back.  I had NO interest, especially after strapping the darn thing around my chest.  I could see me skiing with THAT on all day!  Unfortunately, I gave the thing to Siblet, who opened the box and used the watch to tell time with.  She's never used the thing either.  Its instructions are worse than your new VCR's.

31270[/snapback]

I wouldn't ski in it. It's for cross training - improving cardio. Running and erging are SO DULL, I thought it might make cardio more tolerable.

Also, wouldn't it be fun to see how exertional certain other activities are... :naughty