2/28/17...another spring session.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm actually posting this from the lot at Sheetz. Arrived at the lower lot at 358pm after a record long 42 minute drive from the A. Atomic Jeff was in the house, also Rodney, Marty and about 36 other people until a single bus arrived. Some snow melted since Sunday and a few more skeet spots. Base is also deep in spots and also shallow in areas. I heard the bump comp has been moved up to March 11th. First run on paradise was fairly smooth but slow..nightmare to Dreamweaver was a little slushier and razors was serious heavy and wet snow but a little bit of smooth corn on Razorback. Lazy mile was also pretty smooth and switch back wasn't bad.

With about 40 people in the house I wonder why both lodges are open. They probably sold like two orders of fries today..consolidate operations like they used to. They have enough snow to make it through tomorrow's monsoon and heat and thankfully the guns will be back on Friday night and this weekends weather is shaping up to be good!!! JADIP

I forgot to post the temperature was in the low 60s at the base and upper 50s at the peak. Also today is national donut day and Marty gave me some donut holes.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

After Lazy headed up on the six and ran ParaWeaver, then back up for a full Paradise run. Great snow everywhere we went, mostly sugar but not pushed around because it was so uncrowded. Snow was holding an edge great, had a lot of fun cutting giant turns down Paradise.

Back up the six and headed over to and down Switchback which was run of the night. Probably best run I've ever had down Switch. Took the double up and ran Widowmaker down to a second run down Burma. Strange thing about Widowmaker was a good sized bare patch on skiers right even though the rest of the trail had the customary 8" of the sweetest powder you've ever seen.

After that run we figured it was time to bug out at about 930, so we took the double back up and ran out Widowmaker to the connector and crossed over to the upper lodge where we parked.

All in all a fantastic couple hours of skiing. Be out Thursday night if it's not raining, otherwise it's Camelback on Saturday and maybe Blue again Sunday.

• Like 4