TR 1/25/2018 - Racers Ready

guitar73

arrived at the top lot about 6:15 pm, booted up and met up with the crew at the top of razor's edge for our first nite of gates for the season. the race team had a GS course set on razor's edge, it was a fair course with mostly moderate offsets and two delayed gates. upper headwall had a nice wide rhythm to it, and the gate set got progressively tighter with some very tight turns just below razor back. there was one massive offset at the top of the last headwall on razor's: i almost took a hip on that one. conditions on course were OK at the start of the evening, but by 8pm the course was very rutted and scraped off, getting faster with each run. legit ice was exposed at each gate, so making those turns got a bit spicy to say the least. I was having trouble staying in the course until our coach suggested i take a wider and rounder path through the course. so, i tried to make shred ted proud with large, sweeping turns. it def helped out, but it still felt like crap, lol.

elsewhere on the mtn, the snow guns were blasting NM-DW, lazy, and the lower base areas. NM-DW had HUGE wales  and looked very tasty. towards the end of the evening we saw some moron snowboarders sliding down challenge head first on their chests, while other ppl were doing the doug, zooming past them. it's a wonder there aren't more collisions at tru blue.

anyhow, it was good to get into a legit GS course again and to hang with the peeps in the clinic.

• Like 2