Montage almost burns

Sno Mountain Skier

I have an alibi.

Fire Closes Road

A brush fire on Montage Mountain has part of a road still shut down in Lackawanna County.

Firefighters were still battling the fire in Moosic Friday morning. The flames broke out just before 6 p.m. Thursday in a wooded area below the Cinemark Movie Theatre. Nearly 25 acres were scorched.

Firefighters have the fire contained. Part of Glenmaura National Boulevard is shut down as a result. There is no word what sparked the flames.

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=3859237

I hope not too much was damage was done.

Edited by pyro_boarder

I hope nothing happens to Montage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that a fire a number of years ago at Montage set them back. Apparantly a fire in the garages burned a lot of snowmaking equipment, groomers and their pipe grinder. Which is why there is no halfpipe there today. Correct me if I'm wrong please, this is just what I've heard in the past.

I hope nothing happens to Montage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that a fire a number of years ago at Montage set them back. Apparantly a fire in the garages burned a lot of snowmaking equipment, groomers and their pipe grinder. Which is why there is no halfpipe there today. Correct me if I'm wrong please, this is just what I've heard in the past.

33214[/snapback]

i dont remember that but maybe it is true, i think montage has no pipe today because they are too lazy, they dont snowboarding, skiing and jumps are big things anymore, and they want it to be "family oriented." :banghead

33214[/snapback]

Tou are totally correct, the fire burned the pipe groomer, and thats why we dont have one today. But Montage wasnt effected by the fire, It was just very close.