recycle wax

zaldon

I would say most of the time its not a very good idea. First off, if you hotwax and scrape then use that wax again, any dirt that was in your base, and you got out hotwaxing would go back in. After skiing in the spring, you can hotwax 2 or 3 times, and still see lots of visible dirt coming out of your ski bases. If it is somewhere like hood, you can hot wax 5 times, before the wax comes out looking 'clean'.

With a new board, you would want to hot wax and scrape to get the PTex hairs that are sticking up, but I would say you want new wax each time, because you don't want the extra ptex coming back onto your base.

I guess the short answer would be don't do it....

I recycle my wax only when I have like one bar left. I do mine in my garage so my dad used to get pissed about all the shavings being on the ground so I started scraping them into a five gallon bucket and leaving them in there. So one day I just put them on my skis and melted it up. Im not really worried about the condition of my bases, considering I jump onto metal and run over rocks. I wax just to try and protect my skis if anything.