I got the job!!!

parkbuilder

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt know, i dont go to mc even though i dont live far from it b.c it is far more crowded than i like

35448[/snapback]

Its not crowded during the weekdays. Every local knows to only ride during the weekdays. Also the park is only crowded on the weekends after 12noon. In the mornings its fine. Don't listen to the "its too crowded" nonsense. If you are an idiot and ride anywhere on the weekends, its always going to be crowded.

Why not?  All flaming aside, there's no place in the mid-atlantic that can even come close to comparing with MC with respect to PARKS.

35446[/snapback]

Becareful what you say, Bear Creek is blowing up. And has the potential to be the best, im calling park of the year out of pa and MC...we will see though.

Becareful what you say, Bear Creek is blowing up. And has the potential to be the best, im calling park of the year out of pa and MC...we will see though.

35455[/snapback]

Histerical. Bear Creek had some decent jibs last year but they have no idea how to set them up. Their park doesnt flow at all. And the place is tiny. Mountain Creek is hosting the Olympic qualifiers this year and i heard they are investing a ton of money in the park. Bear Creek doesnt have enough experience to overtake MC. they do a good job for what they have, but it really isnt that great.

Isnt there a thread about them having to buy their rails? MC has been been building their own rails for years and many consider them one of the best. period. Its cool to see another resort stepping it up, i just think they are outclassed.

Edited by PAsucks

I've got news for you, EVERY mountain is empty on weekdays, even Killington, so it doesn't take a local to tell you that :lol: Every post you've made so far is negative, and your username is "PAsucks" This is PAskiandride, I don't get it, why even join if you're just going to continue to rag on PA mountains, and promote MC? I've been to MC, and I'll take Blue Mountain, hell, even CAMELBACK (Yes Adam, i DID just say that) over MC. I'm sure you know your stuff, so instead of telling BC that they're doing stuff wrong, why not suggest ways to improve. Move jumps where, put certain rails where...Contribute. It's the only way places improve, if they hear constructive criticisms. It may not be your home mountain, but it would sure be appreciated by all the die hard BC fans. :rock

I've got news for you, EVERY mountain is empty on weekdays, even Killington, so it doesn't take a local to tell you that  :lol: Every post you've made so far is negative, and your username is "PAsucks"  This is PAskiandride, I don't get it, why even join if you're just going to continue to rag on PA mountains, and promote MC?  I've been to MC, and I'll take Blue Mountain, hell, even CAMELBACK (Yes Adam, i DID just say that) over MC.  I'm sure you know your stuff, so instead of telling BC that they're doing stuff wrong, why not suggest ways to improve.  Move jumps where, put certain rails where...Contribute.  It's the only way places improve, if they hear constructive criticisms.  It may not be your home mountain, but it would sure be appreciated by all the die hard BC fans.  :rock

35460[/snapback]

Lets be friends!

I agree as a resort, Mountain Creek has its downfalls. I was speaking specifically about the park. You don't see resorts like Bear Creek or Camelback or Shawnee hosting Olympic qualifiers of Grand Prix Events. And you dont see them showing up in magazine top-10 park rankings. MC has.

Anyone ever shoot fire out of their ass? :devil:

Why not?  All flaming aside, there's no place in the mid-atlantic that can even come close to comparing with MC with respect to PARKS. I don't mean to start a fued, but lets all be realistic.  Comparing Shawnee to MC is like comparing a Hundai to a Mercedes.

35446[/snapback]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy

do you even want to hear about the cork screw rail there trying to build?

35464[/snapback]

Keyword = Trying

Rails like that are circuslike. And why are they trying to build that when its already been done before? Squaw valley has one, Timberline had one. Its not really anything that great.

I just went on Bear Creeks website and noticed that they only have 500vertical feet? You are kidding right? I mean seriously, MC is small enough...you can't tell me that some tiny resort with 500ft of vertical is going to dethrone them. Mountain Creeks Parks alone are double the vertical.

So... it's pretty cool that ParkBuilder got a new job, eh?

You two sound like a couple of little girls, knock it off.

35479[/snapback]

Yea. He's now employed by one of the shittiest resorts in the east!

:nana

Why didnt he just apply at MC? Oh yea, thats right. He's never built a park before.

Enough out of you for tonight

35484[/snapback]

LMAO! lots of bickering on PASR this week :devil:

anyway. The reason i said you wouldnt fit in is bc all you do is rag on our mtns. And with the name PAsucks it kind of is a give off to get flammed. And compareing mtn creek to places around here isnt right i do agree with that. tottally different motives. And yes creeks park is one of the best but that doesnt mean that you have to rag on PA mtns.

Okay people please listen up... My little brother PARKRIDER used my name on here and didn't know it because he is a dumb F***... Notice that I do not curse on here (that often :halo ) Everything that you read, please disregard it and aim your focus and attention to PARKRIDER. I absoutely love mountain creek, its where I learned and gained my passion for freestyle riding. With that said, to say I have no experience is ABSOLUTE BULLSH*T. I know more about freestyle fabricating and design than anyone on here. Can you weld? Can you build half the sh* I spend my life doing? Believe it or not tough guy my life is parks, as of august of '06 my ass ships off the Green Mountain College to life on Killy to major in ski resort management and business operations, then its off to an internship at mammoth mountain with a person call Oren Tanzer (who I have spoken too already). Oren is single handily responsible for having Mammoth's parks and pipes in both transworld and snowboarder magazine's top 10 every year. Tell me what you have in your back yard... I have plenty of people on here who can back me up that my life revolves around freestlye progression. Make sure u look at the PIC of the day as well, it doesn't look like your box on there. Now that i have vented.... I'm sure you were just going with the moment and didn't realize that it wasn't me talking. So i apologize for any out bursts. Finally... buy a ticket to shawnee because whether you think it will be good or not, Its gonna kick ass. Thats a fuck*n promise!

Okay people please listen up... My little brother PARKRIDER used my name on here and didn't know it because he is a dumb F***... Notice that I do not curse on here (that often :halo ) Everything that you read, please disregard it and aim your focus and attention to PARKRIDER. I absoutely love mountain creek, its where I learned and gained my passion for freestyle riding. With that said, to say I have no experience is ABSOLUTE BULLSH*T. I know more about freestyle fabricating and design than anyone on here. Can you weld? Can you build half the sh* I spend my life doing? Believe it or not tough guy my life is parks, as of august of '06 my ass ships off the Green Mountain College to life on Killy to major in ski resort management and business operations, then its off to an internship at mammoth mountain with a person call Oren Tanzer (who I have spoken too already). Oren is single handily responsible for having Mammoth's parks and pipes in both transworld and snowboarder magazine's top 10 every year. Tell me what you have in your back yard... I have plenty of people on here who can back me up that my life revolves around freestlye progression. Make sure u look at the PIC of the day as well, it doesn't look like your box on there. Now that i have vented.... I'm sure you were just going with the moment and didn't realize that it wasn't me talking. So i apologize for any out bursts. Finally... buy a ticket to shawnee because whether you think it will be good or not, Its gonna kick ass. Thats a fuck*n promise!

Its cool that you are super stoked on learning to build parks, but the point i was trying to make is that you really have no experience. Building wooden features in the back of your house isnt really helping you. No resort builds thier stuff out of wood. Also, maybe im confused, but don't resorts use snowcats? Do you know how to drive one ? Maybe once you start your internships it will be a different story, but for right now you are just like the rest of us with crappy homeade features in their backyards. Don't act all high and might because you built a few odd loooking wooden features, they are not as great as you think they are.