I got the job!!!

parkbuilder

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its cool that you are super stoked on learning to build parks, but the point i was trying to make is that you really have no experience. Building wooden features in the back of your house isnt really helping you. No resort builds thier stuff out of wood. Also, maybe im confused, but don't resorts use snowcats? Do you know how to drive one ? Maybe once you start your internships it will be a different story, but for right now you are just like the rest of us with crappy homeade features in their backyards. Don't act all high and might because you built a few odd loooking wooden features, they are not as great as you think they are.

i have to dissagree. His boxes arnt jsut "wooden features" they are practicly resort worthy.

Exactly skierboi, and that goes for anything. Everyone started out with no expirence with something. For example, if you ride park I'm pretty sure when you started you had no expirence. As for that when you started skiing I'm pretty sure you had no expirence. Its like a doctor, if you turn down a doctor because he has no expirence, then how the hell do you expect him to get some???

Can someone explain to me what is so odd looking about our features? I'm sorry I forgot ledges aren't popular on boxes... right... U just got an invite up to the house this winter. When you see the setup I will respect your opinion because Im really cool like that... but until then, keep your mouth shut. If i had the money to spend hundreds of dollars on metal materials I would, but I don't... for now I build affordable stuff that doesn't break. And the setups are a thing of beauty. I have plenty of people to back me up.

Can someone explain to me what is so odd looking about our features? I'm sorry I forgot ledges aren't popular on boxes... right... U just got an invite up to the house this winter. When you see the setup I will respect your opinion because Im really cool like that... but until then, keep your mouth shut. If i had the money to spend hundreds of dollars on metal materials I would, but I don't... for now I build affordable stuff that doesn't break. And the setups are a thing of beauty. I have plenty of people to back me up.

A thing of beauty? What are you smoking? Based on the photos you've posted. Its more like good try for a backyard "bob villa" park, but its not the real deal. Not even close.

Your jibs = :no

A thing of beauty? What are you smoking? Based on the photos you've posted. Its more like good try for a backyard "bob villa" park, but its not the real deal. Not even close.

Your jibs = :no

That is a poor excuse for a post... not even close? Give me 1 to 2 weeks, and I'll post the finished products. :rofl "bob villa" :rofl I really wonder about you pasucks.

i ride at mountain creek every winter for the past like 4 years.. and yeah they make all of their rails in the Jib Lab.. but pasucks.. do you know that mountain creek is a part of intrawest.. which is huge and the budget they have on making park features is just unbelievable.. and yeah well on the subject of wood.. there are no wooden anything at creek.. its all metal.. atleast im pretty sure it is.. but local smaller resorts not owned by a huge @ss companies do have wooden boxes and wooding skirting

and poconoceancity you really cant talk shit on MC... sorry to say but its true everything there is just amazing and sick

i ride at mountain creek every winter for the past like 4 years.. and yeah they make all of their rails in the Jib Lab.. but pasucks.. do you know that mountain creek is a part of intrawest.. which is huge and the budget they have on making park features is just unbelievable.. and yeah well on the subject of wood.. there are no wooden anything at creek.. its all metal.. atleast im pretty sure it is.. but local smaller resorts not owned by a huge @ss companies do have wooden boxes and wooding skirting

and poconoceancity you really cant talk shit on MC... sorry to say but its true everything there is just amazing and sick

Everything is great at creek, I have zero complaints... they build the best jibs in the east hands down... i just hate their weekends, soooo crowded, but ur a local so u know the best time is during the week! i always went up for first tracks in the park during the week, un-beatable. Intawest has the money for it all as well, they own mammoth, whister, stratton, mt tremblant, just to name a few, they have gobbs of money and its paying off, minus those crazy crowds.

Intawest has the money for it all as well, they own mammoth, whister, stratton, mt tremblant, just to name a few, they have gobbs of money and its paying off, minus those crazy crowds.

Speaking of Tremblant, anyone know how it is? The PSU snowboard club is running a trip there in January. Is it worth 5 days of my life and a little over $400?

I'm sure they have a great park...you missed the joke :yes

well who feels dumb now haha.. anyway i do agree with MC having terrible lift lines and being crowded as hell during the night and weekends.. it gets really bad.. thats why i usually skip school and head up there or now that im in college ill just go up when i dont have class.. which right now is tuesday and wednesday

oh haha and well im not really a local at mt creek.. i actually drive an hour to get there im a local at camelback.. never really rode anywhere else around here except MC and CB but im planning on just seeing what other mts are doing this winter like what your doin up at shawnee cause ive heard some good things about rails and what not up there.. and also at blue mt.. just lookin to ride pretty much..

but i do bash on camelback alot though haha :halo

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats on the job. I'm not especially good at kickers but I love building things out of snow. From snow forts to snow sculptures. A good terrain park is a work of art. The parks at Blue, Bear Creek, Shawnee, and Boulder are all going to be the best they've ever been. I'm psyched to try some new tricks. Nothing where my feet are above my head though.

Corks and other tricks come after spinning left and right, then go to a trampoline and get used to being upside down, it is not for the faint of heart or for the fragile, be smart about learning tricks. Progression is key, when it feels right, do it.