Yet Another Death On The Slopes...

chrisjur

Well I just talked to Skidad and he said one of the doctors he works with is up on Elks Ski Patrol.

The guy was dead on impact (they think) and he was skiing with a friend.

In other news another guy (at elk) about 13 years old hit a tree and is now probably brian dead. Elk is not having a good 2 days in a row.

Sorry to hear about those accidents.

I used to spend quite a bit of time around Elk some years ago.

It just came to mind, that I had never seen a life flight out of Elk. I wonder, are all ski resorts in this general area covered by chopper evacs, or is that a very local thing? Maybe when I was spending time around Elk, choppers just weren't that common anywhere.

Being someone who pronounces people brain dead, I can explain exactly what it is, if you are really interested. I have a feeling it might be TOO MUCH INFORMATION (insert nausea emotion) for what the average ski reader really wants to know.

Edited by skimom

Being someone who pronounces people brain dead, I can explain exactly what it is, if you are really interested.  I have a feeling it might be TOO MUCH INFORMATION (insert nausea emotion) for what the average ski reader really wants to know.

if need be skimom, ill post that picture of the brain adam sent me (1600x1200 to boot!) that'll gross everyone out :lol:

Meh, barf factor isnt really there. More prevelant is the thought that we are in danger of injury/death when we are out there. You like to think that your skills will carry you through anything but accidents happen.

I just keep telling myself its more dangerous driving up to the mountain.

o great two pepole die at elk and i am going this saterday nothing to be worried about hopefuly this won't happen :thud

and my dad is a neurologist

for thoose of u who don't know what that means he studies the brain and see people that have sezures and he knows his stuff

Edited by boarder1547

o great two pepole die at elk and i am going this saterday nothing to be worried about hopefuly this won't happen :thud

and my dad is a neurologist

for thoose of u who don't know what that means  he studies the brain and see people that have sezures and he knows his stuff

thats exactly what skimom is! :D