HUNTER

DMC

Hunter - Skier codes - I stopped on my way out of there and read their "statement" I said to the guy when we almost collided that he should always look up hill when entering onto a trail - (he was jumping off the sides back onto the trails) he said to me. "You are supposed to look out for the things in front of you, thats the whole idea"

Do you know, that nowhere on the Hunter sign, could I find mention of looking up when entering onto a trail, but that there was an item, that when you are overtaking, that you are to yield...

I guess that personifies New York Skiing.

24073[/snapback]

Wow... I did a search on Hunter and i can't believe the crap you guys are saying...

Wow.. Everyone gets all self righteous here when anybody says anything bad about a Poconos area yet you feel free to blast other areas... My God.. Hunter blows away anything in the Poconos.... And none of your blathering will make me change my mind... Camelback.... Compared to Hunter BAW HAW HAW..... ((chortle )))

Pathetic...

I will gladly tyake you guys on the uncrowded trails at Hunter - if you can take it... Cause they are tough...

Pathetic...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In any event, let's hope things resolve soon, so they can reopen. Their snow coverage looked like it was still excellent. 

UGH, having to get that 1,000,000th foot in at Huntah...how UNCERIMONIOUS.

24040[/snapback]

Wow... Mumster...

I can't believe you posted that... Can't you admit that you hate moguls and just leave it at that... wow...

I guess that personifies New York Skiing.

24073[/snapback]

Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulease....

Now why don't you personify Pocono skiing...

Oh... I know...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

You know I rally have nothing bad to say about Pocono skiing...

I learned to ski in the Poconos... I would never trash where you guys live.. I could say negative stuff about Camleback or Shawnee or Montage... But it only make myself look cool and hurt the areas...

The trashing you guys give Hunter is pathetic... I really was starting to take a liking to this little community until I peeled back the layers of the onion...

And what I see disgusts me...

Now I see your all just a bunch of friggin yahoo that like to trash mountains that you don't know how to ski...

You guys ALL generalize about two trails on a mountain and discount the rest...

The WHOLE west side of Hunter is challenging and interesting.. You know all the beginners and intermediates stick to Belt Parkway and Hellgate... If your a good skier you NEVER ski those trails... Just like your home areas have high traffic spots...

I could show you tons of pictures taken at various parts of Hunter that only have a few people on the trails.... And those were taken on a weekend...

Shut the hell up, with we trash what we dont know how to ski. I am 15 and i could out ski and im not talkin out of my ass, its a fact. Hunter doesnt have anything extremely hard. There lines are long, and its a bunch of rude people wearing New York Jets starter jackets up there. And when i have been there, every hunter west trail i went down, there was atleast 5 people who were out of control and didnt know what they were doing the whole day.

Shut the hell up, with we trash what we dont know how to ski. I am 15 and i could out ski and im not talkin out of my ass, its a fact. Hunter doesnt have anything extremely hard. There lines are long, and its a bunch of rude people wearing New York Jets starter jackets up there.  And when i have been there, every hunter west trail i went down, there was atleast 5 people who were out of control and didnt know what they were doing the whole day.

35088[/snapback]

He big talker...

Thats a bunch of horse crap and you know it... I ski there all the time and it's bunch of horse crap...

The only people that hate Hunter are the ones that cant ski it...

Come on up - I'll take the worst skier in my crew and they'll kick your ass all the way down Claires...

He big talker...

Thats a bunch of horse crap and you know it...    I ski there all the time and it's bunch of horse crap... 

The only people that hate Hunter are the ones that cant ski it...

Come on up - I'll take the worst skier in my crew and they'll kick your ass all the way down Claires...

35089[/snapback]

Whats horse crap, It is true, everytime i have been there that is all i have seen. And what are you in a f*cking gang, sendin out your worst skier to face me. And alot of people on here could out ski you. Just rember though, fightining over the internet is like the special olympics, no matter the outcome, you are stiull a retard.

I only skied Hunter once last season on December 30, during Christmas vacation week. I skied with JimG. from AZ (who's now a mod) and his buddy, Karl and they made me ski my ass off all day. Hunter's terrain certainly is NO JOKE. I like the mountain. When I was there, I didn't find anyone to be overly rude or obnoxious. Sure, you're going to get some outspoken NYC folks, but hey, it's Hunter so just go with the flow. I didn't feel that it was anymore crowded than any other resort on a beautiful December day during Christmas week would be. Again, my experience is limited there, but I'll go back anytime, especially to meet up with some NY AZers like Jim or DMC...

Hey, what's going on here, DMC? :confused I don't recall Huntah being a recent topic on this board. I don't hate Hunter (though I dislike crowds). This is my summary:

Plusses:

1. Opens early, closes late in season

2. Management's mentality seems generally positive

3. DMC

4. The hunter card is a good deal

5. High speed quad

Minuses:

1. Gets mobbed early

2. Crowd can be obnoxious

3. Semilong drive

Neutral:

Challenging terrain. Often not open early and late season :rock

Whats horse crap, It is true, everytime i have been there that is all i have seen. And what are you in a f*cking gang, sendin out your worst skier to face me. And alot of people on here could out ski you. Just rember though, fightining over the internet is like the special olympics, no matter the outcome, you are stiull a retard.

35093[/snapback]

Nice.... Big talker...

You know every year my friends from Hunter place within the top 10 of the BMMC...

You talk trash about stuff you don't even know... PATHETIC!!!!

Move out of your Moms carhole - extend your universe.... Or shut your piehole..

Come up to Hunter for the mogul challenge next year.... You will be embarrassed...

Hey, what's going on here, DMC? :confused  I don't recall Huntah being a recent topic on this board.  I don't hate Hunter (though I dislike crowds). This is my summary:

Plusses:

1. Opens early, closes late in season

2. Management's mentality seems generally positive

3. DMC

4. The hunter card is a good deal

5. High speed quad

Minuses:

1. Gets mobbed early

2. Crowd can be obnoxious

3. Semilong drive

Neutral:

Challenging terrain. Often not open early and late season  :rock

35099[/snapback]

I 've been kinda defending the Poconos... And did a search on HUNTER - notice I didn't use the name you guys call it... I won't get caught up in name calling even if there are many names people call pocono areas...

And I found Mumster posting negative things too... I was atad bit shocked that you jumped on the bandwagon...

You guys blast Hunter for being obnoixious BA HA HA!!!!!

Camelback skiers aren't any better.... But still tolerable...

What line of work are you in?

35097[/snapback]

I don't work in Hunter - but most of my friends do... They run resturants - are tradesmen - run B&B's -work at the mountain... etc...

Things are tough out there in areas with towns associated with them... And I don't like people trashing where I live and possibly stopping people from coming to what i consider to be an awesome place...

Especially snot nosed little 16 year old brats that talk crap...

Guys Chilllllll out

Hunter is Hunter...we have the good stuff and the bad stuff....like any other resort.

If anyone can give me a resort I can give 3 reasons why Camelback is better than it, and I can give 3 reasons why camelback is worse....

Ski where you like..and have fun...its all skiiing right?

Nice.... Big talker...

You know every year my friends from Hunter place within the top 10 of the BMMC...

You talk trash about stuff you don't even know... PATHETIC!!!!

Move out of your Moms carhole - extend your universe....  Or shut your piehole..

Come up to Hunter for the mogul challenge next year.... You will be embarrassed...

35100[/snapback]

I know what im talking about Hunter has a bunch of assholes who are obnoxious.

I cant move move out as i am 15. And i do extend my ski universe by skiing in at least 3 different states a year.

ANd your right, i would get embarrsed in a mogul comp. Seeing as i just got new ski that are 176cm and last year i was on 153's, and it will take longer to get used to in the bumps. And i dont see what your takin ofense to, but my main reason for hating hunter is because of the crowds. And my main readon for hating you is for you saying, that people who say hunter sucks, are people who cant ski it. That it total bullshit. I dislike hunter, but hat doesnt mean i can t ski it.

Guys Chilllllll out

Hunter is Hunter...we have the good stuff and the bad stuff....like any other resort.

If anyone can give me a resort I can give 3 reasons why Camelback is better than it, and I can give 3 reasons why camelback is worse....

Ski where you like..and have fun...its all skiiing right?

35105[/snapback]

Really nice skidude... Yet I saw your posts trashing it...

Why do you insist on trashing it???

Walk your talk skidude...

I know what im talking about Hunter has a bunch of assholes who are obnoxious.

I cant move move out as i am 15. And i do extend my ski universe by skiing in at least 3 different states a year.

ANd your right, i would get embarrsed in a mogul comp. Seeing as i just got new ski that are 176cm and last year i was on 153's, and it will take longer to get used to in the bumps. And i dont see what your takin ofense to, but my main reason for hating hunter is because of the crowds. And my main readon for hating you is for you saying, that people who say hunter sucks, are people who cant ski it. That it total bullshit. I dislike hunter, but hat doesnt mean i can t ski it.

35106[/snapback]

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh 176cm... BIG MAN!!!!

BFD!!!! I was on 215's 10 years ago... I skied bumps on 207's....

Go ahead make excuses.... You can't ski bumps then you are JUST a racer...

And nothing more... You'll never be able to handle tougher terrain...