2-7 RAW

RidgeRacer

It's a beautiful evening. Orion can be seen in the sky overlooking the quad. Not crowded. Snows ok. Slick in between sugar piles. Not deep sugar thankfully. I'm Probably the oldest person here. In fact Two school group kids on the lift asked me how long I've been skiing...I told the 30 plus years. And they were like wooah. I said I'm in my 40s and they turned around and said that I'm older than their dad's. If that wasn't depressing enough I skied down to seal blasting at the base. Fun night but Idk i don't think night sessions are for me anymore. Happy to be skiing though...but yeah

IMG_20240207_184649_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's a beautiful evening. Orion can be seen in the sky overlooking the quad. Not crowded. Snows ok. Slick in between sugar piles. Not deep sugar thankfully. I'm Probably the oldest person here. In fact Two school group kids on the lift asked me how long I've been skiing...I told the 30 plus years. And they were like wooah. I said I'm in my 40s and they turned around and said that I'm older than their dad's. If that wasn't depressing enough I skied down to seal blasting at the base. Fun night but Idk i don't think night sessions are for me anymore. Happy to be skiing though...but yeah

IMG_20240207_184649_HDR~2.jpg

I’ve got you by a few years lol. Kids were pretty annoying. There was a bit of a line and had a few drop backs. Nothing bothers me more than seeing chairs not full . I did a 4-6:45 session and thought the sugar was rather on the lighter side like 50% mixed with Feta . 

I dipped into the ditch and first couple turns were nice but it turned into styrofoam ice and I thought I was going into the woods. 

Once the light got better you could open up the throttle. Conditions were better than I expected. 

• Like 1

I was there today, skied from about 930-230, I thought the snow was better than yesterday, not so many cookies. Challenge, TCS, Lazy and Chute all very nice. Did Razors once, 1st head wall very slick, but other than that pretty good. I wasn’t going to risk it yesterday, it looked like a glacier. 
I’m really liking my new skis, probably the best skis I’ve ever owned. 

• Like 3