3/8/24…pretty nice..better than expected.

9 hours ago, DiMe said:

Such a negative nancy.  If they push all the features on NMDW we can have that on the 23rd & 24th 😇

not really, i just wont mentally drain myself wishing for things to come true when its an unlikely situation.  i would rather be surprised than disappointing.  

i just dont think they can push snow that far.  lower paradise is going to be the problem, not NMDW.  

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

not really, i just wont mentally drain myself wishing for things to come true when its an unlikely situation.  i would rather be surprised than disappointing.  

i just dont think they can push snow that far.  lower paradise is going to be the problem, not NMDW.  

True but also on the other hand.  I'm not sure how late they ran the guns last year bit I do recall them running in March.  The  week leading to that weekend has nightly snowmaking windows.  Maybe they will really surprise us and light lower paradise up to resolve that for closing weekend.

Edited by DiMe

5 hours ago, DiMe said:

True but also on the other hand.  I'm not sure how late they ran the guns last year bit I do recall them running in March.  The  week leading to that weekend has nightly snowmaking windows.  Maybe they will really surprise us and light lower paradise up to resolve that for closing weekend.

Where are these snowmaking temperatures?  If they have an hour two of 30 degree temperature, it will just make conditions worse.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where are these snowmaking temperatures?  If they have an hour two of 30 degree temperature, it will just make conditions worse.  

18-21 if it holds.

Screenshot_20240309_134036_AccuWeather.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you really think that’s gonna happen or are you wishcasting?  This next week is gonna wipe them out. I’m not being negative I’m being a realist.  I am stoked they’ll be open during the week this next week. 

I think there's a chance to keep NMDW alive pushing all the features out on it and if the night temps hold add a little refreshing on the runout.  Will it happen?  Only time will tell.  Do we have a pond skim date yet?

Edited by DiMe

I see we have a pond skim next weekend and carboard box the following scheduled.  Who knows we shall see.  Im just happy if it fact it does die this week its run it till its done mode.

Screenshot_20240309_141126_Instagram.jpg

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

wishcasting

Pond skimming is March 17th.  We are under a flood watch today.  And its going to be a little warm next week. 

image.png.30cb7b535093bd347e3cd747652181c7.png

Closing March 17th.  It makes no sense to make snow after the 17th.  Its spring.  yes, there might be a few hours where they could blow some Blue Mountain Gak, but its too little, too late.  Its spring.  its only going to get warmer.  

• Sad 1

@DiMe back before the most recent climate change that truly turned this area into MASH mid Atlantic ski hell, Blue would typically close the very end of March or sometimes squeak into early April and typical close with wall to walk coverage on all their runs.  Granted, they had much less runs back then to cover but also not as good snowmaking.  In 1992 Hunter mountain stayed open until May 5th…

This year I truly think they’ll close down due to lack of snow and not lack of crowds…Dime you should try and do a summer trip somewhere.  I get it…you’re still sort of in the honeymoon phase as you didn’t ride for a decade and we are all just old jaded..sometimes positive and not hating differences make us all unique. Id much rather have a customer like you than JFDan, you’d be way easier to extract more money out of with the bullshit I spew lol

Are you gonna be at Blue tomorrow AM?  Could be really nice!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@DiMe back before the most recent climate change that truly turned this area into MASH mid Atlantic ski hell, Blue would typically close the very end of March or sometimes squeak into early April and typical close with wall to walk coverage on all their runs.  Granted, they had much less runs back then to cover but also not as good snowmaking.  In 1992 Hunter mountain stayed open until May 5th…

This year I truly think they’ll close down due to lack of snow and not lack of crowds…Dime you should try and do a summer trip somewhere.  I get it…you’re still sort of in the honeymoon phase as you didn’t ride for a decade and we are all just old jaded..sometimes positive and not hating differences make us all unique. Id much rather have a customer like you than JFDan, you’d be way easier to extract more money out of with the bullshit I spew lol

Are you gonna be at Blue tomorrow AM?  Could be really nice!!!

No, I may take Camel first tracks tomorrow.  I'll return to Blue Mon-Thurs this week and Saturday.  I know man, I never put so much thought or gave so much credit to the idea of climate change until I returned to the sport last season.  It truly is completely different than 2000-2010 times I remember on the slopes.  

I just hope Blue pushes it as long as they can given the snowpack.  Mostly so I know what I have to do to get my turns in sooner than later.  VT, maybe Ikon stop west, and alas finally resign to Big Snow until next season.  I don’t so much feel crushed my seasons over when Blues done but I WANT to know! 🤣

You'd be suprised how hard it is to extract $$ from me, I have a goal of not having to worry at about a job in the next 7 years, mid 40's.   Also, dont put me in the ground just yet damn it!!🤣

22 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Pond skimming is March 17th.  We are under a flood watch today.  And its going to be a little warm next week. 

Closing March 17th.  It makes no sense to make snow after the 17th.  Its spring.  yes, there might be a few hours where they could blow some Blue Mountain Gak, but its too little, too late.  Its spring.  its only going to get warmer.  

The only logical sense I can see is marketing to show people.

"Look what we do we push it as far as we can for our passholders, buy our pass or Ikon for 24/25."

How much does maybe 10 snowguns for 20-30 hours last week of March expense vs the potential marketing value, I dont know?  It probably isnt far off.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

@DiMe when my mom was a kid, PA ski areas operated on natural snow, my mom was telling me her and her friend skied a road off the back side of bear creek…I mean I guess you could have done that a few weeks ago but was more common then.  

For places like jackson hole it used to be bone chilling cold most of the winter and now it’s about 30 degrees for the high temperature in town most days..when it’s 20-30 degrees snowstorms are much more powerful than when it’s single digits to low teens…heat=energy…it’s why hurricanes are becoming stronger…The Gulf of Mexico used to be 85 degrees mid summer this past summer some areas were hitting 100 degrees…they may need to add a category six.  Our grandparents generation saw a lot of changes in their lifetimes but for us it’s amplified!!!! 

30 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

To be honest the 69 in the middle of the circle caught my attention the most and also Gak..hate that shit and of course getting pictures from Aspen from Atomic Jeff which he should be sharing with the PASRs. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

To be honest the 69 in the middle of the circle caught my attention the most and also Gak..hate that shit and of course getting pictures from Aspen from Atomic Jeff which he should be sharing with the PASRs. 

Start his TR thread for him to encourage him. 🤣