Boots

LineSki

I know you can get work done to your boots. They told me that usually that one foot is a little bigger than the other one. Well in my new boots my left foot feels perfect, but my right foot feels like like the toes need just a little more room. Can they fix this by taking out some padding?

I know you can get work done to your boots. They told me that usually that one foot is a little bigger than the other one. Well in my new boots my left foot feels perfect, but my right foot feels like like the toes need just a little more room. Can they fix this by taking out some padding?

After a couple days of boarding your one tighter boot would probably loosen up.

Yeah, but they will probably still pack out a little bit with use. I would ski on them a few days before you try to get any work done.

That is the general rule I have heard over and over... Ski on them for few days and then get them tweaked. I understand that Nestors does a good job and then there are the custom guys.. But they are priced and I have heard 50/50 ratings on them. I have always done my own padding and grinding.. This year, I THINK I finally found the boot in the Dalbella Kryptons.. Time will tell, story at 11

wear them a few days, it will probably go away. if it doesnt, you have several options. you can put in a heel lift, which will pull your toes away from the front, but also give you a more aggressive stance, which you may not want. you can press out the liner completely in the toe, if it is just the liner you are feeling. if that doesnt work, as a last resort, you can stretch the shell of the boot to get a little more toe room, which is what i had to do for my boots. you'd be surprised what one or two millimeters will do for the fit of a boot. i dont recommend trying to do anything permanent to the liner or the shell yourself though, bring your boots to nestor's and we'll help you out.

• 1 month later...