killington opening....

VTmark

this is stright from theri web site soo....

Report Date: 10/18/2005

We are less than four weeks away from the 2005-06 ski and snowboard season! Opening day is scheduled for Nov. 11.

Flakes have fallen at the top of Killington Peak the past few nights and the snowguns are locked and loaded. All we need is some colder temps and we'll throw the switch on the world's largest snowmaking system!

this is stright from theri web site soo....

Report Date: 10/18/2005

We are less than four weeks away from the 2005-06 ski and snowboard season! Opening day is scheduled for Nov. 11.

Flakes have fallen at the top of Killington Peak the past few nights and the snowguns are locked and loaded. All we need is some colder temps and we'll throw the switch on the world's largest snowmaking system!

It better get colder quick. The temps at Killington are not going to allow for any consecutive nights of snow making. :no

There's some talk about Killington firing up the guns Thursday night for the yearly "blowing out the mice" photo opp. I'm hearing differently. Word I'm getting is they are going to wait for a window of relative cold and won't blow until they feel it can be done as part of actual base-building. Yes. November 11 is the target opening date (weather-dependent as always). If they are open, I will be there that day!

Edited by AlpineZone

I know the long range forcasts aren't very accurate, but until almost the end of oct, there are no temps below freezing at all for either killington or belleyare... So the 5th might be pushing it...but we can hope!

What are you talkin about? Killy is with in 2 or 3 degrees of 32 for the next ten nights. I just looked at the ten day forecast on Weather.com. And the next two nights it gonna be in the upper twentys.

Well, i think tis gonna get cold next week here. because tom clark on wnep 16 said next week highs in the mid 40s with a chance of FLURRIES on Tuesday, i know its far away, but still the first ones forecasted.

I have a car show on that date, but I'd skip that in a SECOND to go skiing. I'm there the first weekend as long as I'm not working :rock

Yeh dudes.....i live 2 secs away from killington....they're trying to blow promo snow by the end of the weekend and depending on how it holds will tell how soon theyll open. weather is super wierd up here right now one minute its really windy and rainy and the next its warm and sunny....Every night is cold though between 30-45 at the base of the mountain and is colder at the peaks because theyve been getting some snow......theyre def. gonna be open before thanksgiving bitches and the shred season will begin

"Killington slammed with a foot of new snow and the forecast is calling for more this week! We have 300+ snowguns on Rime, Reason and Great Northern set to fire. Check out the new photos in the Photo Gallery! Stay tuned here for updates as we head towards opening day!"

O yes 10_Inches_At_K-1.jpg

"Killington slammed with a foot of new snow and the forecast is calling for more this week! We have 300+ snowguns on Rime, Reason and Great Northern set to fire. Check out the new photos in the Photo Gallery! Stay tuned here for updates as we head towards opening day!"

O yes 10_Inches_At_K-1.jpg

You beat me to it, i was just gonna put this up.

Edited by montageskier

I wanna go sooo bad its driving me insane!!! just that thought of the northeast getting slammed with snow is a prayed and a shot in the dark but hopfully somthing good will come outta this hurricane for us.and as for killington.. i have no comment lol. the more i think about it. it drives me insane.

Edited by Ski Freek!!