JFBB park stuff

Gurp

wow... $20 great deal for 2 peaks... does the price reflect the quality?

Boulder im mostly reflexed on park. Last year they had 3 jumps, a 40ft table, and 2 set up. They werent too bad but couldve been better. They had 2 kink rails, a fdfd rail, a 40ft rail, rainbow rail 2 flat boxes a small trap rail, and a rainbow kicker box. all set up pretty good. They didnt have theyre big trap box set up.

Frost is more of a mountain. Its alittle bigger than boulder but has a decent park. They ahve a beginer park which totally bows. They had some big jumps but nothing too big. Mostly like 30ft tables. and a rainbow box, and a wide ass rail. definately worth hitting up. If you ever do let me know ill be there to meet u.

I spent most of my life at JF and BB. Years ago I would get a season pass there and CB. BB is 5 minutes from my house so I would hit it on Friday nights when we first got up there or on Sunday mornings before we went home. Both places are fun, but if your not into the whole park thing places like Blue and CB are more appealing because of the longer trails and shorter lifts to the top.

JFBB is a cool resort. JF park is okay with a couple good jumps, a few boxes and some rails. I like Jf because you can hit the park for a while and then go cruise on the far side of the mountain where the have some okay diamonds. Once it starts getting late head over to BB for a real nice park. Is jf or bb going to have a pipe this year, they had a pipe cutter just collecting dust last year. I should be up there a lot this year on weekends, my friend coaches the race team up there.

I know Boyne in MI has a six pack and it has less vertical than Jack frost. My uncle used to be a ski patroller there and I skied there once back when I thought Floyds was hard. I remember the runs taking about 30-45 seconds versus 1-1.5 minutes for Blue mountain. Does Jack Frost still get crowded? I heard they have some tree skiing when there is enough natural snow.

JF rarely gets crowded...I get bored there quick since all the trails are basically the same...straight down the same fall line.

Is jf or bb going to have a pipe this year, they had a pipe cutter just collecting dust last year.

Last year was a bad year for boulder and frost. They didnt have enough snow to put in rails till like 1/2 way threw jan. first 3 weeks were all boxes. And they couldnt start blowing in the pipe because they were to busy working on the rails and jumps. By the time the rails and jumps were complete it was too late in the season to start blowing in the pipe to make it worth. JFBB didnt get much help with nature last year. This year, with the way the predictions are going, ill place money that they will have a halfpipe this year. But i never liked bb's pipe. Theres no inrun, so no speed to get a good first couple of airs. But it is good practice for pumping transistions

Last year was a bad year for boulder and frost. They didnt have enough snow to put in rails till like 1/2 way threw jan. first 3 weeks were all boxes. And they couldnt start blowing in the pipe because they were to busy working on the rails and jumps. By the time the rails and jumps were complete it was too late in the season to start blowing in the pipe to make it worth. JFBB didnt get much help with nature last year. This year, with the way the predictions are going, ill place money that they will have a halfpipe this year. But i never liked bb's pipe. Theres no inrun, so no speed to get a good first couple of airs. But it is good practice for pumping transistions

last year turned out to be a great season... at least in my opinion, but your right... everything started opening sooooo slow, places weren't 100% open until at least the second or third week in january (im talking parks), and that was just killin a lot of people.

Edited by parkbuilder

gurp, they told me last year what you just said. someone give me a legit reason as to why a rail requires more snow to set up than a box. it sounded to me like they were just making excuses for why their park sucked last year. if i can set up a rail with a truckbed full of rink snow, why cant they do it with the amount of snow they have? the lips are the same, as are the landings. doesnt make any sense to me.

gurp, they told me last year what you just said. someone give me a legit reason as to why a rail requires more snow to set up than a box. it sounded to me like they were just making excuses for why their park sucked last year. if i can set up a rail with a truckbed full of rink snow, why cant they do it with the amount of snow they have? the lips are the same, as are the landings. doesnt make any sense to me.

justo, it all depends on how their rails are built. The standard for most rails now is that there are what I call "feet". They are horizontal braces that stop rails from tipping over from side to side. A good example of this is to log on to http://www.mthigh.com/photos/?date=051104 this will show the bottom supports from MT. High in Cali. Other rails do not have these "feet", I know that even shawnee doesn't have them on most features. This makes more snow needed in order to have complete and safe stability. As for boxes... those are wide to begin with, so they don't need that extra stability. Hope this was help!

• 2 weeks later...