hey everyone need some advice on a ski purchase

DrSKi22

can you put that in non-trying to beat on ski999 terms, for the tired teenagers who don't have as much intelgence as you? Cause that didn't make too much sence to me....

I guess its about time to hit the sack for the night

Yeah, you must be tired, re read the posts above. There is no beating on, just a correction/clarification of what Atomic is currently doing with all the excess skis they didn't sell last year. I'll explain in detail, exactly what it is, on sunday, if you don't wimp out.

I'll I can tell is you said atomic is trying to sell all there extra skis on ebay...(threw online retailers)...Not sure I see the problem with that. I mean atomic probably thought there skis were more popular than they actully were....

I'm working on getting a car to drive up an hr and a half, to run around, realize how out of shape I am, drive an hr and a half back home, and call myself happy.

I'll I can tell is you said atomic is trying to sell all there extra skis on ebay...(threw online retailers)...Not sure I see the problem with that. I mean atomic probably thought there skis were more popular than they actully were....

I'm working on getting a car to drive up an hr and a half, to run around, realize how out of shape I am, drive an hr and a half back home, and call myself happy.

No, a particular online retailer bought all the 140's and 150 GS11 from the race department on thursday. Atomic would not pull out 2 sets from that order for the little ski shop. Whether or not they have a ebay store, I do not know. I had problem with what ever a ATOMIC GS11.21 is.... no one ever did explain what that ski is. I know alot of people swear by Atomic, I have a problem it seems every time I turn around however, I do really like the Metrons that I can touch, feel and scrutinize in my ski shop.

I have been burned several times by poor descriptions on ebay. 50% of the time. When I buy from ebay now, I buy with the understanding that I may not be actually getting what is being advertised.

I have a set of $595 skis that I am willing to let go for $200. you want them? I don't, they are not what I was told that they were and I am done with arguing with those stores after several fiascos over the summer.

If you know what you want, and exactly what you want, there is no problem with ebay. I have bought two pairs of skis and two pairs of bindings, and everything was perfect. I'm an ebay'er for life... :wub: Can't beat $460 shipped for limited production, very rare, Atomic Race Stock GS:11 in 16m + Race 614 bindings :o

When you buy online, you have to be more careful. If you do simple things like ask for original pictures, buy only from users who have many transactions AND high possitive feedback, paypall verified, and have a good return policy the chances of getting burned are pretty low. If you just go and say hmm atomic gs 11s, with a picture off the atomic website (insted of the actual ski) don't buy it.

Remember most sellers that sell more than one thing a year, are more than happy to take a few extra pictuers, or answer a few quetsions for you.

I would say that pictures is the best way to go, because everyonce in a while people make mistakes.

Anyway it 1/2 sounds like your mad at atomic for selling to online resellers insted of to a shop....Atomic just wants to make some money....

If you know what you want, and exactly what you want, there is no problem with ebay. I have bought two pairs of skis and two pairs of bindings, and everything was perfect. I'm an ebay'er for life... :wub: Can't beat $460 shipped for limited production, very rare, Atomic Race Stock GS:11 in 16m + Race 614 bindings :o

I swear, if I came accross a pair of not "specail production" atomics, I might faint.... :lol

Soooo.... about those skis for DRSki22...

If he goes to the ski bum he will get great service and great deal with warrranty and service and know exactly what he is leaving with. Buying on line is a crap shoot.

BTW DUDE- it is the big guys that I have had all the problems with, I only buy new.

If you know what you want, and exactly what you want, there is no problem with ebay. I have bought two pairs of skis and two pairs of bindings, and everything was perfect. I'm an ebay'er for life... :wub: Can't beat $460 shipped for limited production, very rare, Atomic Race Stock GS:11 in 16m + Race 614 bindings :o)

I bought 7 pairs from ebay and 4 of them were not as advertised.

I bet the price can be beat - what length are they and what are the sidecuts listed on the ski. Were the bindings mounted and are they brand new?

Edited by Papasteeze