Ski Bum policy Question

Ski

Also, if you buy from a store both skis come with a performance guarantee that if you ski them at least 3 times and do not like them you may return them and use your original purchase price towards a new pair of skis.

-The Ski Bum

Oh yeah? I just called the Chad's Ford store and had the following conversation:

Me: "Hey, if you buy a set of skis from The Ski Bum, I heard that if you skied three days and weren't happy, you could return them and you'll put the purchase price toward a different set. Is that true?"

The Ski Bum: "I've never heard of that. Hold on and I'll go double-check."

The Ski Bum: "Hello? No, sorry, we don't do that. Maybe what you heard is that we'll guarantee the fit on any new boot."

Me: "Really? You mean anyone that told me you'd take skis back and replace them with new one's if I wasn't happy is full of it?"

The Ski Bum: "Ha, well, yes."

Me: "Thanks anyway. I don't know how these rumors get started."

yeah yeah yeah.... and I spoke to a manager who said he would hold some skis for a specific person. Did he passs the message on to the clerks? Nope.

SKI999 address your question to the person who made the post regarding the SKI BUM policy as he suggested, via email and lay the off the silly antics..

I will personally guarantee that anyone who deals with Duane at the skibum will not be disappointed. Ski999 go buy your next pair of skis at the skibum and if you don't like them...

I think ebay sucks.. hahahahaa

ThinkSnow Edit: Corrected the account

Edited by ThinkSnow

Maybe it's the other store?

Yep, maybe. Same owner?

yeah yeah yeah.... and I spoke to a manager who said he would hold some skis for a specific person. Did he passs the message on to the clerks? Nope.

SKI999 address your question to the person who made the post regarding the SKI BUM policy as he suggested, via email and lay the off the silly antics..

I will personally guarantee that anyone who deals with Duane at the skibum will not be disappointed. Ski999 go buy your next pair of skis at the skibum and if you don't like them...

I think ebay sucks.. hahahahaa

What did I do wrong? I called a ski shop regarding a policy. The guy that anwered the phone said he didn't know of any such policy, then went off to ask someone else...who also didn't know of any such policy.

Why are these antics?

Oh yeah? I just called the Chad's Ford store and had the following conversation:

Me: "Hey, if you buy a set of skis from The Ski Bum, I heard that if you skied three days and weren't happy, you could return them and you'll put the purchase price toward a different set. Is that true?"

The Ski Bum: "I've never heard of that. Hold on and I'll go double-check."

The Ski Bum: "Hello? No, sorry, we don't do that. Maybe what you heard is that we'll guarantee the fit on any new boot."

Me: "Really? You mean anyone that told me you'd take skis back and replace them with new one's if I wasn't happy is full of it?"

The Ski Bum: "Ha, well, yes."

Me: "Thanks anyway. I don't know how these rumors get started."

The return for credit is used for circumstances when a customer has purchased equipment that they're just not happy with and return to the store unhappy. These situations are handled by Duane (the co-owner) and his partner. The offer of this up-front was intended to help our members in the case they got something they didn't end up wanting. This is not handled by the person who you told about your friend with the skis.

Duane posted on here to help our members, specifically DRSki22, with information on skis and told him to contact him directly with further questions. He is taking his time to post here and give some great information to our users, and potentially offer them a good deal on skis.

Seeing that this is cleared up, I'm locking this thread.